Fed up with this game

Options
jillyb1
jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
edited 11. Feb 2013, 15:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've been playing this game for over 30 years now , I play the over weight , unhealthy , immobile character . Who do I contact to get transferred to a new game ? I fancy playing a slim , healthy , dynamic character for a change . Anyone else fed up with their role ? Jillyb

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :shock: Oh jillyb, that’s not how I see you at all.

To me you are the amazing lady with enough will-power to lose 5 stones despite being in a wheelchair. You are sensible, kind, compassionate, realistic, with an eye for the beauty and therapeutic aspects of that coastline where you live. You never moan despite having more cause than most of us. You know how to make the most of all the good things that come your way. You value your family and I’m sure that – sensible people, given their upbringing – they value you too. I know I do and I almost always read your posts. Don’t you DARE get a transfer :x

Mind you, as detailed on Mig’s 6 Nations thread, I wouldn’t mind being transferred to the role of masseuse to the England rugby team – or any other of the 6 nations :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,931
    Options
    Jilly you are lovely and very helpfull. i know it's difficult being in a wheelchair my sister is she goes to the gym to get exersize on the rowing machine the wheelchair goes over the top of the seat of the rower.
    i love hearing about where you live.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Jilly
    Yip I see you has kind and caring...but understand what you mean....I like SWs idea...Mind you, as detailed on Mig’s 6 Nations thread, I wouldn’t mind being transferred to the role of masseuse to the England rugby team – or any other of the 6 nations :wink:...I would be ever so gentle.... :) you take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • jillyb1
    Options
    Thank you for the lovely replies , I can always rely on my forum friends to make me feel better . One of the reasons I'm not feeling too cheery is that I've been confined to my warm flat for over a week as it's so cold here right now ; can't wait for better weather so I can get back to the beach without shivering ! Snow has just stopped here now so I'm hopeful that spring is on the way . Jillyb
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I regularly tell people that the wheelchair is the coldest form of transport known to man - and woman - yet I'm able to get out of mine and walk for short stretches to warm up. Factor in an icy off-shore wind, and I do get your point jillyb.

Given the leeway provided by my short walks, I refuse to do the 'granny bag' thing but I wear thick trousers, two pairs of socks and leg warmers under the trousers in this weather. (They do make a difference. My husband bought them from the local dance shop :o As if :roll: ) I also wear so many layers that the top zip will barely fasten. I keep my hands firmly inside the sleeves of my windproof jacket and, with my peruvian bonnet on top, I look an absolute plonker. My greatest fear is needing the loo while out as no way could I fight my way through all the layers :lol:

On a really cold day, a mug of mulled wine is very good to come back to, though. And I feel I've earned it :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hey Jilly!!

I remember by brother shouting "Stop the world I wanna get off!" when he was about 6 and I took him on a ferris wheel :wink:

This dark dank and chilly weather gets you down so much doesn't it? Soon though - the nights are already drawing out :)

I agree with the others though, your forum persona is nothing like you said of yourself.

You are alright girl :D

love

Toni xx
  • jillyb1
    Options
    As you said , Sticky , wheelchairs are such an icy mode of transport . I refuse to have coveralls or blankets over me as in my head I'm still a wildchild teenager , true on the outside I appear to be 57 , but doesn't mean I have to admit to it ! Jillyb