The Pope resigns

Options
rondetto
rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
edited 15. Feb 2013, 10:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
Pope Benedict has resigned today. The first Pope to resign for almost 800 years. In my lifetime it's been a death that has brought in a new pope so this is certainly a shock. I believe it's bad health that has forced his resignation.

Comments

• mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    yes ron
    bad health but he is 85 a good age
    hope he gets better in his retirement
    god bless
    mike26...
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    True Mike, he's not well at all.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I wonder if there is anything else behind it all...maybe he didn't do has he was told...or didn't agree with something..or is this my mind running riot... :?
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    They value experience very highly, which is good, but means they are already quite elderly when they take up the position.

I hope he is alright.

Such a shame and a shock

Love

Toni xx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Agree with Barbara , my first thought ( maybe unjustly ) was wonder what he's done ! Jillyb
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Think he has done right thing instead of dottering away and having to be helped everywhere...
    Found it funny in paper it said Paddypower had good odds on Father Dougall MaGuire to become the next pope...(out of Father Ted)...Class!!

Elainexx
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Think he has done right thing instead of dottering away and having to be helped everywhere...
    Found it funny in paper it said Paddypower had good odds on Father Dougall MaGuire to become the next pope...(out of Father Ted)...Class!!

Elainexx
    Well it couldn't be Ted because he did have that money 'resting' in his account didn't he?! :wink:
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    And the fact that Ted is no longer with us is he? Died of heart attack quite young...Spotted my own typo shock horror!! MacGuire not MaGuire

Elainexx
    katekelly wrote:

Elainexx
    Well it couldn't be Ted because he did have that money 'resting' in his account didn't he?! :wink: