MSK clinic (ankles)

WoodyEngland
WoodyEngland Member Posts: 40
edited 17. Feb 2014, 06:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello been advised to see the msk clinic I have oustio arthritis in both ankles and it can be hell on earth

Does anyone know what the msk can do for me as I'm seeing them on the 28th of feb just had my appointment confirmed anyone had any experience dealing with them and there services or actions that they may be able to implement as I've no idea what to expect!

Regards woody

Comments

• Julie37927
    Julie37927 Bots Posts: 35
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Firstly they will probably xray or MRI both ankles to determine the type and location of the arthritis. How many joints involved, how bad it is, how degenerated the joints are, etc.. They will help with your pain and anti inflammatory medications. They should also assess you for orthotics if needed and give advice on exercise and stretching. It can only help. Good Luck!
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    In my hospital the msk clinic is a physiotherapy clinic where they will assess you to refer you to appropriate services. I got referred to physio, which actually wasn't appropriate for me and eventually to the rheumatologists. I don't know what function they have in your hospital.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I doubt woody's looking for an answer because he posted this just over a year ago :wink:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    :lol: well spotted, DD. How on earth did this get bumped up!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    We have a new member who, for some reason, is digging up old threads. Lagloire's one about a relly in Africa with OA is another example - Sticky fell for that one :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    :oops: I did. I guess you could say my natural kindness exceeds my brainpower - if you were being kind :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    ooh well spotted DD...I dont check the dates...
    Love
    Barbara