hi guys not posted for a bit now can help please regards opp

Options
MINKA
MINKA Member Posts: 35
edited 5. Mar 2013, 06:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
im going in for opp to inspect inside of knee nothing showing on mri in may last year but now me ankles giving on me bad knee a bit and walking off the bad knee is affecting the good on
and i keep getting cold feet to had chil blanes at one point hate cold feet

they saidd is you knee still moving forwad on the ligament i said yes well we will send you for another mri i said been going on this since last april and its getting no better in fact im doing the other knee compensating
my back has not been to bad realy and i can pull aa decent quad on the bad one but its still wattery and the ankle going a bit conserns me
anyone on here had an inspection on the knee and how long before you could walk decent again
im a bit affraid cos im walking but its been a struggle and cant get to far
well realy pushing in about 1 1/2 miles
keep wondering if its not comming from me back or is it some sort of inflamatory and if so will they know when they have inspected it
frightened to death of the pull back on this knee again but it looks like its got to be done

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi minka
    I do think they are doing the best thing going in to have a look,hopefully they will find out what is wrong.
    This Arthritis is so complex, I have only learned this since coming on this forum...
    There are so many nerve running through our body's and referred pain is very common..I get this in my knee from the hip,but also have OA in the other knee.
    I do wish you well with the op and please let us know how you get on x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've had operations to clear solid inflammation so I cannot help as such but my best guess is that having a look is no bad thing, be sensible after and I'm sure the recovery will be pretty quick. It sounds as though you might be having keyhole surgery and that is a more straightforward recovery than a rip-open-and-dig-about kind of op. Good luck and I hope it helps matters. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I've not had this op but it seems like they're doing what they can to sort things out. Stuff is rarely straightforward with arthritis. One joint impacts on others. Before my knee revision op all my pain was in the ankle below it. I hope you find this helps. If the knee is the main culprit you might find that everything else improves as a result.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • MINKA
    Options
    ah so it looks like your saying because me knee is not right its impacting on me ankle
    just thought i had 2 places not working right now and the other leg has been holding this one up for 12 months now so thats not been to good putting more weight to the better on which does your feet in
    hope the key hole inspection sorts something out soon guys
    but your right one thing hits the other ive found this out ligament everything
    bad feet and cold then warm feet
    but nothing showing on mri in may
    i cant see how it wasnt then he said to me somtimes 1 in a 100 i go in and find something wrong.
    any ideas on pull back time before i can walk decent i can do it now and the quad has got stronger with me keep pumping it but hey it dosnt feel like me knee is running quite central to where it should be with my ankle
    but i manage a bit
  • stickywicket
    Options
    No, Minka, I'm not necessarily saying that. That's how it was for me but all I'm really saying is that the problem doesn't necessarily lie where the pain occurs. You're being investigated and that's good.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,487
    Options
    Hi Minka

It's lovely to see you again :)

I think it's right they have a proper look in there after what you have told us. I think it will take a little while to get over it because they will have poked about somewhere where nothing should be poked!

Hopefully they will book you in for a pre-op and you can ask then.

love

Toni xxx
  • MINKA
    Options
    well guys nothing was showing on mri was it
    they whent in and found ACL rip in it which had been their for a long time
    and the medial ball was like the surface of the moon
    so much for bloody mris
    i was a bit confused as 3 days befor op could bend knee right back with all the exersise i had been doing on it but ankle felt rough not walking squarly which was having an impact on the knee later in the day
    but everything started under that knee swimming that day and when worse affectng everything else.
    one week out i can now bend the knee to 90 trying to walk as square as possible on it keep resting on bed and doing exersises with towel under knee when i try walking on it it dosnt half crack and crunch on the ligaments under the knee if you dont quite get it right but hey its only been one week.
    and i dont know if im doing the correct thing resting leg and exersising or should i be trying to walk more can load bear on it and stand level for about 3 mins
    and the holes where they whent in with that thing arnt half sor on the outside
    any info on what inshould be doing and sort of get back to where i was before opp woould be gratley appretiated and thanks for taking the time to post and i keep getting warm then cold feet warm at night on big toes
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hi MINKA, I am pleased that they've had a look and found the source of the trouble. All scan methods are limited in what they can show and sometimes getting in there with a camera etc is the only way to find out what's going on. As for post-op advice we are not the ones to be telling you what to do, please contact your doctors about that. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    That's good news, Minka, but DD's right - you need a physio, or at least a doc, to tell you what your best form of exercise is now.
    Steven Wright
  • MINKA
    Options
    im doing more bending in the knee not right yet but still feel like one leg the best one is a bit shorter
    and if anyone can explain to me why my feet keep going blue that would be grate
    feet ok in morning then go cold and im doing me exersise etc but the feet worry me keep going numb like and blue wonder if it not enough walking etc thats doing this doc says got a good pulse in me feet but cant explain this one at all will ask phisio on friday
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm sorry, I can't explain the blue feet, Minka, unless you wear shoes or socks that are tight. I think the physio might be able to help.
    Steven Wright