Is this related or not

Options
shandy4greenday
shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
edited 18. Feb 2013, 13:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello I'm not sure if this is another symptom related to my inflammatory arthritis or not but lately my eyes have been a bit sore and stinging sometimes it will be my left sometimes my right also my vision seems to be quite blurry in the evening.I am at my rhuematology appointment on Tuesday would you recommend mentioning it or do you think I should take it up with the optician I just don't want to say anything and look like I'm complaining about everything if it's not related.

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It could be related and I think you should mention it.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's very hard at times to tell what is arthritis / meds-related and what isn't. Do you wear glasses? Have you had a recent eye test? Certainly mention it at your next appointment but if you haven't had an eye test in the last few months then that too may be a move in the right direction. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    I do wear glasses but only for reading and watching TV i think I'm due another test I think it will be best to mention it and make an appointment anyway as maybe they need checking thankyou.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I have reading glasses, I can manage with my older weaker pairs during the day but come bedtime I need the stronger ones - and I have to double the print size on the Kindle! :wink: Get thee to thy optician - and do tell the rheumatologist. DD
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    I will make an appointment after my rhuematology appointment on Tuesday I'll pop in there afterwards thankyou.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Definitely mention it but also be prepared for a visit to the optician.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    We have had a few people on here with eye probs..you make an appointment with your optician just to be on the safe side...hope its something and nothing x
    Love
    Barbara
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    I have just tried to book an appointment for my eye test but as I'm not due till April I have to pay unless they have deteriorated but how am I to know that unless I get tested rather silly so now as I'm on the sick and can't afford it at the moment I have to wait till April now.
  • gilly1957
    gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
    Options
    Hi

your eyes are so important, I wouldn't leave this till April if you are worried.

Can you not ask your GP for a referral to eye dept at your local hospital.

I have had a lot of problems with my eyes over the years and it really isn't worth leaving something you are worried about.

Gill
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    I'm at my rhuematology appointment in the morning I will tell them about it im just glad I tried booking today now as I was gonna wait till after my appointment so at least now I can tell them what happened if they can't help me I will just pay instead.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's seems unreasonable to make you wait simply because you're not due a test but mention it tomorrow, see what the rheumatologist has to say and then decide. If it could be connected to the meds then yes, it's worth paying. I know that some meds can cause eye trouble and so eye tests have to be regular (hydroxy I think is one) but I can't remember what you take. :oops: DD
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    I'm still on my naproxen but I should get my hydroxy tomoz and my Meth too so will see what they think tomoz then decide what is the best thing to do and to make things worse I knew it was to good to last my pains are back too Oh well was nice while it lasted.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,487
    Options
    Hi Shandy

If you get your hydroxy they might do the test early as I had to have a baseline eyetest first :)

Good luck for tomorrow

Love

Toni xx
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    Maybe they will at the hospital tomorrow if I explain what optitian said too I will let you know how I got on at the hospital tomorrow tks.