Footwear

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 19. Apr 2013, 12:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
I know lots of folk on here have trouble getting comfortable and good fitting footwear I do/ did myself,I do have orthotics but they are not very pretty or look good when you have to get dressed up to go out any where,my oh spotted some ankle boots on offer in a tv mag that came with our weekend paper,they do extra wide fittings up to 6x standard fit,they should have cost £30 but were on offer at £17 with post and package,so I sent for a pair they fit really well ,because of the ra in my feet I had to have 5x wide fitting, you can print off a fitting guide so you know what size you want.they do all types of boots from ankle to knee high,they do dress shoes,casuals,sandals ,slippers and men's shoes,I got really good and quick service so I thought I would let everyone know,they are called julxpa,if anyone would like the full address I would happily pm them.i hope this might be of interest and helpful to some of you.Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am pleased you've found something that is both comfy and pretty - good for you! I'm developing a love affair with orthotics-in-desert boots. The former really suit the latter (I have no idea why) but it works for me! I now have DBs in purple, pink and denim blue. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,487
    Options
    Mig

I found them online , but the 'x' came up as an 'i' as far as spelling goes.

They remind me a bit og h*tter shoes except they do even wider!!! Good find Mig

Love

Toni xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi Toni ,it is an i but I didn't want to advertise.Mig
  • newbygran
    newbygran Member Posts: 96
    Options
    I buy childrens shoes cl**ks size 1 1/2 wide fit g, I used to dream of high heeled shoes when I was young and trendy,I could never get any, so my bunions are inherited from my mum and not from dancing in heels, :?
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I don't like to send away for shoes because I've often had to send them back. If I need to walk any distance, I can only wear Sketchers Shape Ups. My bunion comes from my mum. My rheumie seems fascinated with it and has said that my feet aren't really my best feature. :shock:
    Christine
  • BonnGayle
    BonnGayle Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Simply Be have up to EEEEE and in pretty shoes too! :shock:
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Thanks for that, I've been in my sketchers for so long now theyve split!! it really is time for some new ones still can't quite bring myself to chuck my heels etc out :(
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Vivalad+va are also good for extra extra wide fittings or maris@ta .
  • lurch1
    lurch1 Member Posts: 561
    Options
    i've found a brand called "easy b" are very good, they do wide fittings and various styles. I may be a granny, but i'm still not ready for what i consider "old lady" shoes!!!
    Cris
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    Options
    lurch1 wrote:
    i've found a brand called "easy b" are very good, they do wide fittings and various styles. I may be a granny, but i'm still not ready for what i consider "old lady" shoes!!!
    Cris

I've just ordered the Easy B leather Mary Jane t bar buckle shoes. So my style and I'm only in my 20s, love them :)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good for you mig...its so important to not only have comfy shoes but shoes that you like and feel good in..and sailrib I am glad you have ordered yours I know the ones you mean they are very nice a lovely summer shoe. :D
    Love
    Barbara