Can Anyone Advise Please

Options
MUM1
MUM1 Member Posts: 79
edited 19. Feb 2013, 08:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Can anyone advise please. Who meets the criterea for a disabled bus pass in Scotland. I have osteoarthritis but my hours were reduced about 1 1/2 years ago to 20 hours from 42 1/2 due to increased workload from staff cutbacks my arhtritis got worse due due that and I suffered stress due to being under pressure from my line manager and was signed off work for a few months. Occupational health became involved and I returned to work on the agreed 20 hours with amended duties.I have looked at eligibility for this on the transport scotland website and it says you can apply if you have a progressive degenaritive disease, would that apply to osteoarthritis? thanks

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi MUM1
    I live in England, and the way it works here is ..if you have DLA or a blue badge, you can apply for a bus pass...I get one anyway because i'm over 60..not sure about Scotland ...hope someones comes along soon with more help x
    Love
    Barbara
  • MUM1
    Options
    Thanks for replying barbera I wasn't sure about the in's and out's as I have seen regular people ie as in going to work on the 6am bus I get to work with bus passes. My son used to get DLA and has a bus pass and still does due having schizophrenia but he also has other health problems on top now in that he was beaten up by a gang of lads about 2 years ago and had facial as well as internal injuries and now has to have surgery to his bladder as it is completely damaged but as he says on the bright side the biopsy he had done in december (almost 2 years after trying to find out the problem) was clear.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,487
    Options
    Mum1

I would give CAB a ring or even your local council - someone has to know. In our area they were administered by the council.

Love and luck

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    MUM1 wrote:
    Thanks for replying barbera I wasn't sure about the in's and out's as I have seen regular people ie as in going to work on the 6am bus I get to work with bus passes. My son used to get DLA and has a bus pass and still does due having schizophrenia but he also has other health problems on top now in that he was beaten up by a gang of lads about 2 years ago and had facial as well as internal injuries and now has to have surgery to his bladder as it is completely damaged but as he says on the bright side the biopsy he had done in december (almost 2 years after trying to find out the problem) was clear.
    Gosh that is awful the poor lad....what is this world coming to...I do hope he continues to recover well..but I can imagine how frightened he must be when going out...you take care and I hope you get that pass xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • MUM1
    Options
    Hi Barbera I think the worst thing for him was having the biopsy and the waiting for the all clear he has more or less accepted that the op he is about to have will be life changing permanantly, he doesn't let it stop him going out even though he has to carry a rucksack with a catheter bag in case he can't find a loo, sterile wipes, change of jeans and his meds he just seems to take it in his stride and tries to stay positive.