Collapse of stout party.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 24. Feb 2013, 12:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
No, I haven't been to a Guiness-fest :D the stout party involved is me. I've had a really rotten time of late and pushed myself above, beyond and so far ahead of my capabilities that various thumping great pigeons have come home to roost and don't I bl**dy know it.

He went off to work today (and yes, I've been fretting) and I had plans for four things to be done. I've managed one. I didn't wake until 10am, I didn't get to the supermarket until 12.30, I've been slumped, dozing, on the sofa all afternoon and now I have to rouse myself to make the bed and start something resembling dinner.

I am a spent force. I have no wind in my sails. My get-up-and-go (not usually that tangible a presence anyway) has completely gone. You know the slushy veg that you suddenly discover at the back of the crisper drawer that once was a lettuce you bought before Christmas and forgot to use? That has more body than me. Ye gods. Dammit. I know it's payback, I know it's inevitable, I know it will pass but at the moment it feels like I'm being kicked whilst I'm down. I wish I could kick back. :lol: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Unfortunately knowing what it is, why it's happening and what caused it, doesn't necessarily make it any easier to cope with :? I only hope it's short lived, having said that, after all you've been through lately, I think it may take some time for this one to pass :(
    Rest as much, and as often as you can, and have a few of these to comfort you a little ((((()))))
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,487
    Options
    Rightyho

I have read your post and have to conclude that:

1. You are not superhuman (whatever you might think)

2. You have had various stresses since back in Sepetember ( a long time yes?)

Therefore I prescribe the following:

1. A lovely holiday which you have already done (Good girl) and time with your husband

2. g030.gif Some rest for you. Feet up (metaphoricaly speaking) and some inane b040.gif

3. Don't push yourself too hard - 4 'things' is a lot to do - I bet you did washing etc anyway and didn't count that in?

I hope Husband is home and survived his first day back

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    He came in at 6 which was a shock in itself. I fed him by 6.20pm and he's slept on the sofa ever since. I've given up telling him to go to bed to be comfy and look forward to uttering the biggest 'Well D'UH' tonight when he complains of an aching neck. 8)

My temper is short which is not a good thing. I think I'll go early to bed and stare blindly at my Kindle. DD
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    You have had a stressful few months and it does take its toll on our bodies. Try and rest and not worry too much about your hubby. I know that is easier said than done. :roll:

Sending you some (((hugs))).
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Mega hugs coming your way much needed methinks,DD what you did for oh when he was ill would have floored many of us ,you rose to the occasion took control and got him through it,now unfortunately it's pay back,you have the strength and character to get through this,remember we are all here supporting you,just wish I could be there helping you.(((((()))))) Mig
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Hugs and positive thoughts being sent from the south coast . Try to rest , try not to get stressed and above all just take care of each other . Jillyb
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Oh dear DD :roll: - you've been through so much just lately-it's time for a bit of DD time- chill out with mindless stuff- the kindle sounds like a great plan-add in some gentle background music and snooze- you deserve it!

Sending positive thoughts and lots of (((((((( )))))))).

Deb x
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Yes, it's hardly surprising you feel as bad as you do. Time to take it easy and rest up for while. Don't try to do too much. You've done well today. Take care.
    Christine
  • Sparkys6887
    Sparkys6887 Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Bear with me, your probably think I'm mad and I may be risking your short temper but her goes....... ;-)

I've a theory, I reckon a lot of us on here and who have Arthritis are driven people who probably find it easier to help than be helped! Being driven can be a good thing it can get us through difficult times. Now I've only been on this forum for a very short time and in that time you have been through the mill and back and with all that has been going on you have still managed to support others.

I reckon you might just need to use some of that drive to rest, get some books on your kindle, take long baths, get some good quality take outs or better still if you have friends or family near by ask them to cook. Do whatever rocks your boat but don't make a list of four 'things that need to be done'!!! Make a list of three, be kind to yourself, ask for help and relax!!!

Hole I didn't offend to much ;-)
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Morning DD hope you had a reasonable night and today will be better than yesterday .Hugs Mig.(((((())))))
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Morning DD
    How are you today?
    Is it any wonder you feel like that? After all you've been through in the past months. :roll:
    Rest....relax.....remember your relaxation/visualisation exercise????

Take it easy girl and if you must make lists make sure you prioritise them.
    So that the ones at the bottom ...if they dont get done.....what does it matter?? :roll:

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    So, how's my favourite slushy-lettuce-from-the-back-of-the-fridge this morning? :wink: Any signs of revival? Or ready for the compost bin? :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Firstly, thanks to one and all for your lovely, supportive replies. Crikey, kind words do make a helluva difference don't they? Especial thanks are sent to Sparksy, cheers mate that was a lovely post, much appreciated, and rest assured not one whit of temper is coming your way.

Secondly, I think we had a reasonable night, I managed to crawl out of the pit at 8.30 and I have accomplished some ironing! Tah-dah! I only have a small amount left to do so that is next on the agenda. I shall then discover whether he wants his main meal at lunchtime or tonight, then I can plan the rest of my day. He's working at home today, office tomorrow, then two days working at home. Then it's 6 Nations rugby. 8)

I am taking my own advice (it's far easier to dispense it to others :wink: ) and seizing rest opportunities more frequently than usual. It's the only way and I shall be rigorous in ensuring I spend at least 20 minutes resting for every ten minutes of gentle activity. Bring on a mostly idle day! DD
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    All I can do is leave a bountiful supply of Yorkshire Blokey hugs for you hun.
    Sincerely hope things are going to get better.
    Xxxxxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi DD
    Sorry I have only just seen this....we will all help you kick back...and dont you worry about being short tempered...I have been talking to NB about this...and yes you are not on your own ...the swear words that now come out of my mouth.... :shock: ....try to keep them under my breath... :lol:
    I do feel for my OH....but I suppose someone has to catch it....he knows I dont mean it.
    Yes take your own advice...or we wont listen to you..... :o only kidding ..you get some me time and rest xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry just saw this as well, well me, I'm with Sparky although glad to see you are taking things a bit easier today, rest, rest, and more rest OK :wink:............((((())))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Cautious progress is being made: we can once more see the top of the dining room table. :) I have cleared all the detritus associated with masses of washing, tax return, post of the opened and un-opened variety, two torches, a host of batteries (dunno if they're live or dead :roll: ) found scissors I thought I'd lost and sent a host of newspapers and magazines to the recycle bin. I also found a stack of pillowcases, two clean sheets and three duvet covers. Ye gods. The word 'sl*t' springs to mind.

Tomorrow I have to do clear the office as I have an assesment on Thursday morning. I looked in there earlier. :shock: DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Oh DD,that doesn't sound much like resting to me!
    I'm pleased you both had a reasonable night, and hope things continue to improve.(((())))
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I got snowed under with the domestic stuff when he was in hospital and then when I was being Florence. I have to sort things out 'cos it's all my creation and I'm responsible. I'm just doing a bit at a time, if stuff gets done it does and if it doesn't no matter. I do need a reasonable office for Thursday - my 'usuals' are used to my chaos but it's not a good impression for someone new! :lol: DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Well done on locating the table :) Don't get too carried away or you'll have a clean office and a knackered teacher :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I think a clean office and knackered teacher is OK, if I can be clean teacher too then that's a double whammy! :lol: Things are going ahead albeit at a snail's pace, life doesn't stop just because one is feeling rubbish (although I did luxuriate in that last week). Now I'm back in the real world. :( DD
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Sorry DD, I only just read this thread. I do agree with the others and think you need to be kind to yourself - which you are doing so well done! You are right that it is easy to give the advice but acting on it yourself is a challenge. It is a shame that the world doesn't just stop when we feel rough, I often wish it would so that I could have a day off!

Keep taking it easy and only do the essentials. (())
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Hi DD Hate to disappoint you but I think you've failed in your attempt at sluttishness! Where were the corpses of takeaways, used crockery and cutlery, dirty washing.... the linen you found was clean for heavens sake!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh Daffy! :lol: That has made made laugh, thank you! am pretty good at cleaning up but useless at putting things back from whence they came.

I've had a relatively successful morning - I began sorting the office then got distracted with setting up my new printer. Much to my surprise I've done it ALL BY MYSELF. I am feeling very proud of my new-found techy ability! :D OK, I'll own up, all I had to do was plug it in and switch it on, it did the rest for itself. :oops: All I did was sit, watch and press the odd button every now and again. Now I have to address the rest of the mess I've made. Oh boy. I'm stuffing a whole load of stuff into Daisy - well, it gets it out of the way! DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Just don't offer anyone a lift :wink:
    Steven Wright