Honey and cinnamon drink - who has actually tried it ?

Options
Mormodook
Mormodook Member Posts: 130
edited 21. Feb 2013, 16:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have decided to give the honey and cinnamon drink therapy a "go". I'm putting 2 teaspoons of honey in Luke warm water with a teaspoon of cinnamon . I'm on day 3 ! Has anyone on the forum ever tried this ? I know it probably won't work but hey what's the harm in trying !

Comments

• applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I used to keep bees and none of the family ever got a cold while we were eating the honey. I don't tend to use it much now so don't know if it would work for my RA. The cinnamon is supposed to help but haven't treid that properly yet either. Hope it works for you.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    It sounds quite pleasant but what is it supposed to do?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    If you google it, honey and cinnamon drink is a wonder beverage for so many different ailments, including arthritis, heart disease, bladder infections, toothache, cholesterol, colds, upset stomach, gas, immune system, indigestion, influenza, pimples, skin infections, weight loss, cancer, fatigue, bad breath and hearing loss and aids longevity ....

If you like the taste of honey and cinnamon I can see no harm in drinking it and it may do some good. I may even try it.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    My lovely Indian neighbour make me this along with ginger tea for my tummy..I haven't been on it long but will let you know how It goes...must say the gingers tea works... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    A teaspoon of local honey per day used to ease my hayfever symptoms. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    I think cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties. I know that rosehip tea brewed with a stick of cinnamon and sweetened with a little honey does wonders for me if I get a cold. My ex reckoned the reason Beechams Hot Lemon worked for him was that it had cinnamon in it whereas the other similar remedies didn't. If I have hot milk at bedtime I always sprinkle cinnamon on it before popping in the microwave, I reckon it won't do any harm and it makes the milk smell and taste better!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,487
    Options
    Go for it Mormodook

and all the very best. Pkease do feed-back how you get on :) .

Love

Toni xxx
  • rockchick
    rockchick Member Posts: 58
    Options
    I think the benefits of herbs and spices are underestimated really. They've been used for a long, long time for all kinds of ailments. I find too much cinnamon, in a drink for instance, can irritate my stomach. But I doubt the jar lurking in my cupboard since 1983 would have many therapeutic properties left :oops: :oops:

I like my cinnamon sprinkled on top of a glass of hot, fresh black coffee, with squirty cream on top, then the cinnamon :wink:

I hope the drink does you good. It does sound lovely.
  • krisbe
    krisbe Member Posts: 95
    Options
    I tried the honey and cider vinegar remedy which I found on google. Uuugh, I lasted about 3 days - it was awful! Honey and cinnamon sounds quite nice though.
  • Mormodook
    Mormodook Member Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm now on day 5 of my regime ! It actually tastes urg !!!! But I will stick with it for a month and then let you all know how it goes !