What should I do?

Options
merri
merri Member Posts: 190
edited 23. Feb 2013, 02:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have Fibro and RA, I'm a bit under the weather, the meds mask the majority of the symptoms but I have a sore throat,increased pain etc. I have things planned for the next couple of days, but I can't decide what to do today. Should I rest and take it easy, give my body a chance to get itself better before things get more hectic, or should I carry trying to increase my activity? (I'm back at work next week on week 2 of a phased return)

Any advice welcomed, thank you :)

Comments

• mld
    mld Member Posts: 45
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Personally, I would spend most of the day resting, but is there an hour or a half hour, you can set aside to prepare something for next week?

Take care of yourself,

Margaret
  • MerryChapman
    MerryChapman Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Is there anything stopping you from resting today? I'd say rest and save your strength for when you need it later in the week xxx
  • lizzy100
    lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
    Options
    rest and try take it bit easy. i find it i do too much walking i start hurting again. i was having a good day yesturday and was so happy i could walk and think i over did it, and today im regretting it/
  • merri
    Options
    Thanks all, I don't think I could get dressed even if I wanted to go out at the moment, darned joints! It's a sofa day and an early night for me
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Merri
    I have been there quite a few times, and always think oh I can do this...never give up is my moto...but and there is one...I always get slayed by the pain and tiredness....so If I were you I would rest and enjoy what is coming...or at least some of it xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    If your body needs rest then rest. What meds are you taking? I'm on meth and have always been told by my hospital not to take it if my throat is sore. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    You seem to have a lot of things planned, merri. Remember the need for flexible plans. Something might have to give and you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be the arthritis.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lizzy100
    lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
    Options
    really? i had a sore throat but just carried on. i think its only in case you get glandular fever with immunosuppressants,
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,443
    Options
    Rest up Merri

Sounds like you need to - I hope you aren't coming down with something :?

love

Toni xxx

PS bit late in the day really :oops:
  • merri
    Options
    Thank you for all of the replies :) I'm still a bit under the weather but am plodding on. Am currently trying to decide whether to stay on the sofa or go to my carriage driving lesson later on. My consultant has said to stay on the Methatrexate unless I have to have antibiotics, as otherwise the arthritis gets out of control.