Physion made a big boo boo

Options
babytiger
babytiger Member Posts: 360
edited 22. Feb 2013, 11:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Phoned my local physio today asking if they had a date for coming in ,explaining that Sheffield had referred me last week. I was informed they had no record. So phoned through to Sheffield and Bill the physio said, funny that, your local hosp. have asked us for more imformation.
Just had a phone call from him again, saying that they have eventually admitted to receiving my referral and were supposed to phone me and will be in touch soon. He isn't so sure and said if they haven't phoned ne by Monday to give him a call again.
I told him about the exercises I've been doing and he says I seem to be doing the right ones but I would like to know if my gait is right as I've been waddling for the last 15 months or so.

Comments

• elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Eileen

Oh dear hope they sort it out soon for you, suppose wires can get crossed and everyone is human eh? Can a family member or spouse tell you how your gait is? I say this cos my dad always tells me when we are out walking to either "stop limping" or "your'e walking well today"...He walks behind me for a wee bit to observe me, my own physio eh?

Good Luck

Elainexx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Hi Eileen

good job you were nicely on the ball there or you would still be waiting :roll:

I am sure you will chase again if needs be :wink:

Reassurance sounds like what you need.

I for one think you are doing really well

Love

Toni xxx
  • babytiger
    Options
    Thanks toni.
    That's probably what it is. Think Im just scared my knee is going to stiffen up although it isn't 100% now. It's much better than its ever been
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    This time Eileen, it's going to work and be just fine :D

Though I TOTALLY understand how you feel after the last op.

Bet the dog can't wait for walkies with you :wink:

Love and (())

Toni xxx
  • barry2013
    barry2013 Member Posts: 151
    Options
    Hi Eileen.
    Sounds as if you are doing really well, shame about your physio. I seem to be pretty lucky, had one physio app last Tues and another coming up this Wed.
    Can I ask if you are doing any straight leg raises, I find this one really hard and can only do 3 at a time.
    Walking coming on, down to one strick now.
    Have a great day.
    Barry.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    You’re doing well, Eileen, and well done also on taking control of the physio situation. Sometimes we have to grasp the nettle and make sure they’re doing thing right.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • babytiger
    Options
    barry2013 wrote:
    Hi Eileen.
    Sounds as if you are doing really well, shame about your physio. I seem to be pretty lucky, had one physio app last Tues and another coming up this Wed.
    Can I ask if you are doing any straight leg raises, I find this one really hard and can only do 3 at a time.
    Walking coming on, down to one strick now.
    Have a great day.
    Barry.

Hi Barry, those leg raisers are a killer.I can only manage 3-4 at a time also. It really pulls on upper knee.ou sound like your doing really good
  • lizzy100
    lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
    Options
    they took a couple of weeks to ring me, as there was a bit of a wait, so waited to see someone, for him to say first time i saw him he was leaving. he referred me to hydrotherapy but theyr saying theres a really long waiting list for that. so iv been left on my own again.
  • babytiger
    Options
    lizzy100 wrote:
    they took a couple of weeks to ring me, as there was a bit of a wait, so waited to see someone, for him to say first time i saw him he was leaving. he referred me to hydrotherapy but theyr saying theres a really long waiting list for that. so iv been left on my own again.

I was meant to be seen within a couple of days of coming home from hospital,that's why Sheffield sent them a fax to be seen asap, Due to the problems last time round but that's not happening. Funny thing is I had no qualms with the physio side of the hospital,wasn't their fault my knee wouldn't move
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Barry & Eileen

The straight leg raises they took me ages to master, got quite down about it for a while...My leg seemed to be made of lead...Then little things happened, my heel moved millimietres off the ground and after that the straight leg raises came on a treat within a week or so....Incidentally when doing rehab exercises I do operated leg first then good leg cos it gets forgotten about sometimes, just me maybe?

Elainexx
  • barry2013
    barry2013 Member Posts: 151
    Options
    Barry & Eileen

The straight leg raises they took me ages to master, got quite down about it for a while...My leg seemed to be made of lead...Then little things happened, my heel moved millimietres off the ground and after that the straight leg raises came on a treat within a week or so....Incidentally when doing rehab exercises I do operated leg first then good leg cos it gets forgotten about sometimes, just me maybe?

Elainexx
    Hi Elaine, you are so right about leg feeling like lead, mine is just the same, my walking and balance is a lot better, in the house I only need one stick, outside I still use two for codifence. Hope all's well with you.
    Barry.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Barry

I suppose I was quite pathetic really compared to lots of other joint replacement recipients...I used to cry when my leg wouldn't lift off the board and got quite frustrated...My dad used to come in with me and sometimes hold it to try and make my leg get the impression it was off the ground and I tried my hardest to use my weak quad muscles!....I was fearful wouldn't be able to do it but I did and once I did was discharged from extra physio....Your'e doing well with one stick, I used 2 crutches for quite some time (up to about 4/5 weeks even)...It is all about confidence and wherever you are, some folk aren't very carreful how and which direction they walk in so my crutches were my armour!

Elainexx

Elainexx[/quote]
    Hi Elaine, you are so right about leg feeling like lead, mine is just the same, my walking and balance is a lot better, in the house I only need one stick, outside I still use two for codifence. Hope all's well with you.
    Barry.[/quote]