Started on Methodreaxte today!

Options
TeaBag
TeaBag Member Posts: 101
edited 22. Feb 2013, 05:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Started on Methodreaxte today how long before side effects could kick in ? i am hoping there is very few but knowing my luck :-(

Comments

• shandy4greenday
    shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I started on Methotrexate on Tuesday and so far I have had no side effects and am trying not to think about them as many people don't get any side effects or minimum effects so if you look for them they will come as I was advised.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,443
    Options
    Hi Teabag

I have no experience myself, but....

I hope there are very few or NONE for you too :D

I think it can vary - some on here say the next day others have said the one after. I imagine people are different according the them as individuals and dose etc.

I agree with Shandy - maybe positivity will help??

My fingers are firmly crossed for you

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    When I was on the tablet meth the only side-effect I eventually had was a rash: that didn't hurt or make me feel yucky. I'm now on the injected form to support my anti TNF and again I'm not having any trouble, apart from getting very tired every now and again. I always assume I won't get side-effects but then I have a lifetime of taking meds which makes it easier. :wink: Meth has a bad press but more people have little or no trouble compared to those that do. I sincerely hope, Teabag, that you are in the former group and that it helps sooner rather than later. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lizzy100
    lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
    Options
    see the other posts on methotrexate, but as for side effects id say i felt the tiredness on the first few days of taking it. and was tired for the first few weeks, but it got better once my dose stabilised.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I hope that, like me, you’ll have virtually no side-effects. My policy, with new meds, is to read the list of ‘potentials’ then forget about them. If I subsequently feel unwell, I may go back and check the list but it’s all too easy to ‘imagine oneself’ into side effects.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright