Do your bad joints click??

Options
lizzy100
lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
edited 26. Feb 2013, 06:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
just wondering if you get clicking/clunking with your arthritis joints? My hips make awful clicking sounds sometimes, probably when i move them to much or suddenly. it doesnt hurt, but they never used to do it before the arthritis. they feel abit like theyr loose when it happens i suppose.

Comments

• elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Lizzy

Yes my joints click and my new knee even makes noises which i find a bit freaky cos its a prosthetic in essence isn;t it? I did have quite a few loose bodies removed when was younger as osteochondritis dissecans causes this, so it not only felt and sounded like loose bodies it indeed was!

Elainexx
    lizzy100 wrote:
    just wondering if you get clicking/clunking with your arthritis joints? My hips make awful clicking sounds sometimes, probably when i move them to much or suddenly. it doesnt hurt, but they never used to do it before the arthritis. they feel abit like theyr loose when it happens i suppose.
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Yep, my joints creak and grind. And even my new hip. When bending it makes a horrible metal on metal noise. Makes me feel quite sick to be honest. And it feels loose.
    Karen xx
  • PowerOn
    PowerOn Member Posts: 200
    Options
    yes to the point them not clicking is strange.
    I think most of my knee cartaledge (stupid words that are so awkward to spell) must have gone recently as the clicking and grinding feeling has mostly stopped, that is another worry - oh the fun arthur has playing games.
    Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,443
    Options
    Crunching and popping. :wink:

If they feel 'loose' you can always mention it next time you go to the doc/rheumy.

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Click, clack, grind, crick and crunch. I can no longer creep up on anyone, I have lost that essential element of surprise. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • shandy4greenday
    shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
    Options
    I have it in my knees most times when I get up from the sofa or climb the stairs and DD poor you that did make me giggle. :lol:
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Yes, everything clicks and crunches. Sometimes so loud people ask what it was. :lol:
    Christine
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    My knees click a lot and sometimes make aweful noises, so I'm sure you realise now we all suffer with clicking joints! We could make a band with all our clicking joints!
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    My loudest clicking joint is my jaw ; no longer able to grab naughty illicit snacks on the quiet ; I can be heard from the other room ! Jillyb
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    Options
    My neck is the worst for grinding and grating. It sometimes cracks too. I don't think it is audible to others usually.
  • krisbe
    krisbe Member Posts: 95
    Options
    My knees make terrible clicking crunching noises especially when I am washing my hair. My hips dont click though although I have severe arthritis in both of them.
  • Rewter
    Rewter Member Posts: 77
    Options
    I get some really loud clicks from my hips, normally followed by some serious pain.

My friends and family say I sound like a set of Maracas :lol:
  • sbolam
    sbolam Member Posts: 374
    Options
    Oh My Knees, ankle and toes all click, crunch, grind and make other strange noises. and they they can be painful.

stephen
    04_pain.jpg