Fitflop shoes

Options
lynnoot
lynnoot Member Posts: 52
Could anyone with RA tell me if they have tried wearing Fitflop shoes? I've just bought a pair, and they come with a warning to check with your practitioner before wearing.

This seems a bit OTT, but I should hate to make things worse with my feet. To me they feel very little different from wearing shoes with my orthotic insoles.

Anyone had any experience?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, I'm a forum member (not a member of the helpline) and this is a subject that crops up again and again on the Living with Arthritis part of the forum. Please post again there and I am sure you will get some replies from members. I have PsA and OA, my toes, ankles, knees, sacro-iliacs and now my right hip are affected, I have tried them in a shop but after my joints played merry hell for quite some time. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,495
    Options
    Hi Lynnoot,

We cannot comment on particular brands and as we are not medically qualified are not able to give technical advice.
    I wonder whether you've seen some of the information on feet and footware that the leading arthritis organisations produce?
    Here's one example: http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/foot-pain.aspx
    If you'd like to talk about your arthritis you are very welcome to ring us.

I hope that helps

Guy
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi

I do have these shoes , they are good but do make your feet sweat .

Fowls xx