Maria

Comments

• charleeh
    charleeh Member Posts: 173
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Maria,

Have you been off work long?

I try to keep myself busy I have taken up bird watching since being off work, albeit in my back garden! ... I worked in accounts so was used to using my brain a lot and going to doing nothing, is hard. Alas Time Team also keeps me company now

:lol:

Best wishes,
    Charleeh
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    I've been off sick a year and my ill health retirement starts in march so at min it still feels like I'm off sick
    Maria
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi Maria I was retired over a year ago now and to be honest it has a decidedly bitter sweet feeling about it, the place I worked also closed down at the end of March and it wasn't until then that I could truly put the last 5 years of hell behind me, I still have problems dealing with some attitudes I come up against from those I worked with and even those who were once close friends so these days I've given up telling people about it as I came to the realisation that deep down people either think, your a parasite who's scammed the system, or their just not really interested in anything other than themselves so I keep mum and keep out of the publics gaze now.
    After all pain is a personal infliction that sadly isn't considered to be a problem by many including a few in the medical fraternity come to that someone else's pain is never as bad as theirs oh how I wish it were true!.
    Anyway now it's time to move on so I've gone back into my first love, RC aircraft, right now I spending my days building a fleet of radio controlled model planes and will spend this summer on the local farm flying until I've worn out me thumbs I jut hope I don't get OA in them or I will be truly stuffed!.
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hi Maria,

Like you I have just retired after 30 years of teaching- at the age of 55 I just couldn't cope with the demands of the job and the guilt every time I was off sick, so I bit the bullet and retired. I feel so much more relaxed, if I need a slow start to the day I have one, if I feel more energetic I potter in the garden, visit friends, go for a walk or do some bird watching. There's so much more to life than struggling- so here's hoping we both get some quality time now to enjoy the good days, and less guilt when we give way to the bad ones! :P

Take care- tomorrow has lots of yet undiscovered pleasures beckoning for us both.

Deb x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Thank you all
    ive been off sick a year so at min it still doesnt feel like ive retired plus work didnt have a retirement do!
    Melman i know how you feel work can be little s***s! Im so glad im not there since i left five of my friends have too. What does that tell you!! I remember you going through all such a tough time! Try and make the most of your retirement and two fingers up ti your so called friends!!!
    At minute im staying in hospital as my daughter is quite poorly so glad im retired coz if i had to take time off work it would have been a nightmare x
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    I hope she feels better soon, it's scary when the offspring are poorly isn't it!
    Deb