Hi there! It's been a while...

Options
gickygawky
gickygawky Member Posts: 478
edited 23. Feb 2013, 04:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi there old and new friends on AC!

I thought it was about time I got my act together and said a big hello after months and months off the site.

I haven't yet trawled through any of the posts I have missed during my time away - I am sure there is loads of news and so many things to catch up on. I hope I find you all as well as can be expected :)

I can't remember the last time I contibuted to the forum but I think I took the opportunity back in 2011 to let you all know I was finally pregnant after lots of planning and keeping our fingers crossed.

After a difficult pregnancy I had a little girl via caesarean section in January 2012 and crazily, I am now the mother of a 13 month old! Her name is Amelie Grace and as you can guess she is the light of my life!

Life has been pretty quiet for us as I have felt pretty beat up and haven't managed to get back to the level of 'health' I had before the pregnancy. In addition my wonderdrug Enbrel is no longer effective and after months of deliberation my Rheumy and I have decided it's time to bite the bullet and try Humira. Bit of a disappointment really but we knew it may be necessary before we took the decision to try and have a family.

Other than that I don't have much news which is probably a good thing!

It would be lovely to touch base with those of you who remember me - I have often tought of you all and wondered how you are all getting on. With my bones giving me as much jip as they have been I found it easier to bunker down and get through each day as simply as I could without such extracurricular activities as the AC. Fortunately for me, the golden child is now sleeping through the night and I am far less exhausted than I have been and feel it's time to try and get back into the swing of things - I hope you can forgive my lengthy and unexplained absence!

So for now I am off to explore the forum and pick up on some of the gossip I have missed out on! Hope you have all been behaving yourselves!

Arna x

Comments

• lizzy100
    lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    congrats on the birth of your daughter. i imagine if i ever start a family it would take alot of planning with being on methotrexate etx :shock: but glad your wee girl is healthy and happy.
    at least you have options to try for your arthritis, all you can do is try and wait and see, and i knoww the waiting sucks.
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    You have a baby girl. How wonderful.. I do admire you having RA and dealing with a baby. It must be hard work for you ( but I know it is all worth it isn't it). Shall look forward to seeing you round the forum.
    Karen xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Hello gickygawky and congratulations on becoming a mother. It's nice to see you back again.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Wow, time flies doesn't it? It does not seem like over a year since you became a mum. :) No wonder you have had no time to call in here. Lovely to hear from you. I hope the new med works for you.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hello Arna

Nice to meet you, congrats on your baby girl no wonder she's the light of your life, hope to see you around ..................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Arna! Hello! It's lovely to hear from you again and I hope you are as well as you can be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi, I'm pleased to meet you. Welcome back to the forum and congratulations on the birth of your daughter.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,443
    Options
    Arna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!

Great to see you and fabulous news about your gorgeous Baby girl. Many congrats from me.

Please do come on in and join us - I can totally see why you have been AWOL - new babies and arthritis is a LOT for deal with :)

Love and hugs

Toni xxx