Fitflop shoes

Options
lynnoot
lynnoot Member Posts: 52
edited 23. Feb 2013, 16:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
I was wondering if anyone wears Fitflop shoes. I've bought a pair of trainers, and there is a warning on them to check with your practitioner before wearing. This seems a bit OTT, but on the other hand I don't want to make my feet any worse.

To me they feel very similar to when I put my orthotic insoles into my shoes.

Can anyone tell me more?

Comments

• rockchick
    rockchick Member Posts: 58
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I have a couple of pairs of their sandals, a pair of clogs, and a pair of trainers. I find them all very, very comfortable, with plenty of room for my toes, and very supportive underfoot. I bought the trainers so I had something to wear when the weather wasn't so good. I wear my clogs indoors, as I couldn't walk far in them, but they are so comfortable. Although I've shown my physio or rheumy nurse any shoes I've bought, I've never asked their advice upfront. I know my feet, and what suits them, but if you have any doubts at all, then do check first. Apart from the price tag (shop around), your feet are too precious to get it wrong :wink:

I imagine the warning is because of their potential effect on muscles, which might be an issue for some people. They call it wobbleboard technology, or something, don't they? A bit like some Skechers or MBT shoes. They recommend you wear them for short periods to begin with, and build up gradually, to avoid strain on your muscles. I felt comfy straight away, but we're all different.
  • lynnoot
    lynnoot Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks for that, I'll probably call my orthotist. I think she did recommend Skechers. I managed to buy the Fitflops for 34.95 in the sale.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I imagine that the type you are talking about have well cushioned inners, which are comfortable, the outer may need to offer more support if you want to use them often or for longer distances? Just something to think about. Comfort is everything.
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi

I got told by a chiropodist not to buy fitflop type trainers as have bunions and have had new knee...Think the motion style is good if you haven't any joint/foot issues but imagine the rocking style isn't great if you have....You can get skechers which are non fitlfop style..

Elainexx
    lynnoot wrote:
    I was wondering if anyone wears Fitflop shoes. I've bought a pair of trainers, and there is a warning on them to check with your practitioner before wearing. This seems a bit OTT, but on the other hand I don't want to make my feet any worse.

To me they feel very similar to when I put my orthotic insoles into my shoes.

Can anyone tell me more?
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I wear Sketchers Shape Ups almost all the time. They have plenty of cushioning and support well. My rheumie says they are a good choice. I can't wear normal flat shoes at all unless I'm just sitting in the car. Last year, I went to a wedding wearing them, changing in to some sandals just before I went in to the service and changing back again when I came out. :lol:
    Christine