First 12 months important...

Options
mike26
mike26 Member Posts: 416
edited 23. Feb 2013, 11:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi all
thay say that the first 12 months is most important, in that trying to hold back the inflamation that can dammage the joints.
so trying to take things easy will help (in joint damage).
dont be hard on youreself take it day to day.
both my legs swollen at moment one is 18" (above knee) like a balloon
then fingers crossed itll go back down (hope so)
do a little exersize but dont over do it tho.
having to pick kettle up with two hands now, ones not safe.
the little things i took for granted i miss ,
i think the biggest loss 4 me is now ive no strength this is a eye opener
cant do things.
you can get so anoyed with arther :mrgreen:
summer soon be hear 8) mike26

Comments

• lizzy100
    lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    depends what type of arthritis you have as to whether its destructive.
    the first 12 months may be important but if you cant get a diagnosis or anyone to take you seriously for years it doesnt help muchl
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hmmm, I would have thought that all forms of arthritis are 'destructive', OK, the level of damage may vary but damage seems to be a common denominator with any form of this damn stuff.

We do have to adjust to the new demands of our bodies, it creeps up on one just how much things do change. I think yuou are right about the year thing but everyone's circumstances vary. I went for five years without any treatment and I'm positive that that fact is what is causing my troubles now but at least I can still hold a kettle (who cares if I need two hands?) or my pint (much more important and I accept now it matters not that two hands are required). There are for sure things I miss but I can still do other stuff - I do resent that at my age I am reliant on a rollator and lack stamina but that's how things are. Onwards and sideways! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben