Update on me

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 25. Feb 2013, 12:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all I am on blood pressure tablets now and my lafludeamide dose has been put up. I have had problems withe feet knees and my wrists. One of which is swollen. I had nerve tests as they thought i had a trapped nerve. I did not have that. I had a full mot which i passed. they were checking me out for other things. they finally came to conclusion to give me a twenty four hour blood pressure monitor. I think my blood pressure has been up and down for ages giving medics the slip. I had dizzy spells which gp had told me i had a nerve pressing on my neck.
The hospital did MRI and it showed i had a bump on neck but it was now where near the nerve. They reassured me. I am under hospital again since Christmas due to all this. I am glad of that because GP said blood pressure was normal one day and not the nxt. This time a GP has finally given me the twenty four hour monitor so my blood pressure can be sorted out. In so pleased. Joanne :)
Joanne

Comments

• kathe
    kathe Member Posts: 183
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So great, good to hear that it is working out four you.
    Best wisches :-)
    Kathe
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hello Joanne :D

Lovely to see you and glad they have sussed the issue BP can be a bit tricky if it fluctuates :?

I hope all is well your way with all the lovely library folks??

I still hope to get over and see you this year

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I’m glad they’re ‘sorting you out’, Joanne. It must be worrying if your BP is fluctuating. I know some meds, including over-the-counter ones can affect it but I don’t know which.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Joanne
    Its lovely to see you..the 24hr blood pressure monitors are brilliant it gives then a good reading of what is going on without the white coat syndrome.
    I do hope you get it sorted whatever is causing the dizziness..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm on BP meds thanks to the humira I take and all is now well on that front. BP is a very irregular thing anyway, my rheumatology consultant once told me that she takes no notice of clinic BP tests as her patients are always a little stressed when they go to see her.

You are going in the right direction suncatcher, and that is a good thing. I hope they can get you onto some meds to lower the BP and that everything else settles soon. Talke care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben