freaking out...

Options
pickle
pickle Member Posts: 21
edited 28. Feb 2013, 09:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All, sorry if this may be a bit long winded but I am just totally freaking out an d need some support. I am being reassessed for DLA. It's a routine thing so that's fine. But its really bothering me. Things are pretty bad for me health wise at the moment, I'm having a flare that I just can't control thats been going since xmas. My boss has made it abundantley clear that she doesn't like the hassle of disabled staff, even though there has never been any concern with my actual performance. I really think they are trying to push me out. I know they can't just do that but honestly, I'm not strong enough to fight them at the moment. It's all just getting so on top of me. The DWP have written to my GP and I'm scared about that they are going to say. One GP at the practice thinks I'm fine even when I've been in admiting that I'm self harming because I'm so distraught. Oh god..what do I do? Pickle

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You go back to your GP (or see a different one if there's another who's more empathetic)) because you need some professional help with this. We can support but no more than that because we are not health professionals. I'm on a small daily dose of anti-depressants to help me cope with the pressures of life and they do make a difference - are you taking anything at the moment? If not, is it something you would consider? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • pickle
    Options
    Thank you Dreamdaisy. I'm sorry I've just re read my post and I think I sounded a bit hysterical. I'm not threatening to harm myself and I'm sorry if I've given that impression.
    Yes, I'm going to see my GP tomorrow. I know I need help. I have tried ati depressants to help me through rough times with flares but I find I can't tolerate the side effects. I'm really sensitive to medication. Maybe the GP will be able to try me on something else. Sorry again and thank you for your post.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Like most meds there are many versions out there so I hope you can find some that suit. They may not be the perfect answer, there may be other things that can be undertaken (counselling, relaxation techniques etc) but a chemical fillip would seem like a good first step. Good luck and I hope you feel calmer soon. DD
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,134
    Options
    Good luck with your DLA assessment pickle, and I'm sure you will feel somewhat better when you are on the other side of that as it sometimes makes a big difference just to get one 'thing' off the getting-on-top-of-you list (I find) especially if you can break what is going on around you into chunks and tackle them in small bits. Not easy to do I know but 1 or 2 things less can tip the balance back into 'manageable'. Hope you can get on top of your flare soon.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi pickle
    I agree with DD you go back to see your GP and explain how worried you are, and how bad things have got.
    I do wish you good luck with it all and please let us know how you get on x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I hope the GP can help, pickle. We, on here, can sympathise and compare notes but, if a flare needs dealing with and you're so anxious about many things, I think the GP is the one to help. Maybe he can alter your meds a bit to help with the pain and, as DD says, there are more than one kind of anti-deps. I hope you come back feeling better.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • pickle
    Options
    I just want to say a huge thank you for al of the kind support I've received. I went to my GP today, I'm starting treatment for depression and my consultant has moved my appointment forward. I feel like I'm getting some where now. Pickle
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well done, Pickle, that is a big step forward and you are to be commended for taking it. I dunno about anyone else but I for one am proud of you. I hope the new treatment helps in due course. I don't do this often so brace yourself: ((())) DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    That's excellent news, pickle, and you've achieved it all by your own efforts. Congratulations. I hope the treatment helps and you have a good appt with your consultant.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello again Pickle, how are you feeling today? I hope things seem at least a little brighter for you. DD