Blue badge walking assessment

Options
racergirl
racergirl Member Posts: 12
edited 26. Feb 2013, 13:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, due to new rules i've got to have a walking assessment to be able to renew my blue badge even though i've had it for 2 years and got my consultants letter to say I should have one. Does anyone know what happens for the assessment?

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi racergirl
    Sorry I cant help, but there are a couple that have just been accessed and got there blue badge....so hopefully they will see this and give you some advice...Good Luck with it...I will have my fingers crossed for you x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    All bein well they will simply assess how far you can walk and it will be as simple as it sounds.

Best of luck with it :wink:

love

Toni xxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    If you check this link out and scroll down to page 18 you may find the info to help you with the walking assessment.

http://assets.dft.gov.uk/publications/blue-badge-scheme-local-authority-guidance/blue-badge-scheme-local-authority-guidance.pdf

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • blueknees
    blueknees Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Excellent link elna.

Section 4.4 tells it all :D
  • krisbe
    krisbe Member Posts: 95
    Options
    Apparantly the rules have changed as from April 2013. The form is also different now, in that they dont involve gps. I got a form for myself but am struggling to fill in how far I can walk as it varies and I am not very good with distances ie yards and metres. What do you have to do get a stop watch and time yourself? I havent had a blue badge before but now I think I definitley need one as I need to park close to a shop as I have difficulty in walking very far. On looking at the link I dont think I will get one but I'll have a go. x
  • racergirl
    racergirl Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the the link, elnafinn, it was really useful.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Friday :)
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you Racergirl

Fowls xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Pleased the link may of helped even if it was a little out of date. I wish you well with the assessment. I am sure it will be ok for you.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.