Newbie from Surrey!

Louise73
Louise73 Member Posts: 4
edited 25. Feb 2013, 17:01 in Say Hello Archive
Hi,

I'm new to this forum after recently being diagnoised with rheumatoid arthritis.

I'm 39 with 2 children and to be honest am relieved I've finally been diagnoised and can start treatment as I my pain and movement was steadily getting worse during the year of being referred from one doctor to another!

I've just started treatment of methotrexate, steroids & frolic acid and am back to specalist at hospital in 4 weeks.

Was looking at the branches on this site where you can meet and discuss with other suffers; do any of you find these useful? as was thinking of attending :)

Louise

Comments

• michelle123
    michelle123 Member Posts: 5
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi i to was about your age when i was diagnosed with RA and i was also so so relieved to be given a diagnosis for a pain and immflamation of many joints that i later found out where called flare ups of the disease i dont know about you but its really pulling me down as im getting worse im also on the same medication and been on it for some time hope yours gets under control for you kind regards .michelle...............
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope the forum wil be able to help with information and support. The meth should help to bring the RA under control and the steroids should relieve the worst of your current symptoms but they are not a long-term answer (which is a shame as they seem to be the only ones that make a fairly immediate difference!) Folic acid is standard with meth as it is meant to alleviate any side-effects but I am one of the lucky ones who doesn't struggle with those to any great extent. I wish you well and hope to see your name here and there. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Louise73
    Hi,

Yes I've gone from crying on my bed as I can not get my top on to feeling positive to balling my eyes out again :(

6 months ago I cycled to work and back :-( and hope to get back on bike again - this is me thinking positively.

I have up and down days; school run in the morning is not good!

I hope to get it under control and hope you do too.

Louise
  • Thelaststarfighter
    Thelaststarfighter Member Posts: 34
    Hi Louise,

Good to meet you, the good days are precious arnt they!

I wish I could ride bike, haven't been on one since dear knows. :lol:

I have a work run in the mornings which take a hour and it kills me sometimes! So share the pain with you!

Surrey is a nice spot, but so is Co Armagh! Ever been?

TLSF xo
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'm sixteen years in and the PsA is under as much control as it ever will be. I am now reliant on a rollator to help me walk and that's an end of it. I firmly believe the sooner one is diagnosed and on the meds the better the long-term outcome: when my arthritis began my then GP steadfastly ignored it and it wasn't until five years in that I began with sulphasalazine. Your case is diffferent and you are already on a better path than I was which is a very good thing. :) Good luck, I'm off to bed now as I'm whacked. Keep in touch, yes? The other forums here are explained under their titles - I post on most of them! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Thelaststarfighter
    Thelaststarfighter Member Posts: 34
    Ment to say hello DD!

So a big hello! :lol:

Keeping well are we?

I really appreciate reading your posts, you really are a brilliant assets to this site!
  • Louise73
    Thank you for your welcome's :)

No I haven't visited Co Armagh but have been to Southern Ireland which is truely beautiful!

My specalist said he would of liked to of diagnoised me 6 months ago but as my doctor didn't have a clue I got send to all other departments first on waiting lists and it was the had and wrist department at hospital which did my referral to rheumatology in the end.