New to this....looking for advice....bad day :(

Options
KayMick
KayMick Member Posts: 27
edited 8. Mar 2013, 09:59 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone....my name is Kay...I'm 40, married with 6 children, ranging from 20 right down to 2! I have rheumatoid arthritis :( I also suffer really badly with depression & anxiety, sciatica caused by crumbling spine that just won't keep the ruddy discs where they're supposed too! Today I had a home visit from an ATOS doctor & am feeling pretty low about it all:( I applied for DLA in November on the advice of my CPN. She was meant to be with me but I got the letter on Thursday (lots of notice!) & she was on annual leave today. Incidentally neither she or my psychiatrist have been contacted by anyone re my claim, which I find odd! Anyhow the doctor came, but I have been double guessing everything my husband or I said, everything he made me do & I really truly think he will fail me despite everything I suffer from & all the meds I'm on:( by sheer "luck" I had a fall on Friday (due to the ruddy disc popping out again, because I sneezed (mid pee I may add) not good:( so I've been upstairs in bed in agony since, with bruises all down my right side!!! He still made me get up!! Just wondering if anyone has experience of this & if they can tell me roughly what will happen now & how long does it usually take? As you may have guessed I'm not very good at the sleeping malarchy, more so as my head is full of well yesterday's now, events!!

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    This is the best place for tea and sympathy
    Atos medicals are bad and leave you with the feeling that you are not ill and just putting it on!
    Many of us have been through those medicals
    Don't let it get you down
    Keep strong
    Maria
  • KayMick
    Options
    Thanks Maria...nice to talk to you:). Well that will be a week tomorrow since medical & no news yet!! Don't know if that's a good thing or not!!! Bad day today...every joint that could hurt does hurt.....maximum meds on board but not feeling great:( wouldn't it be good if these people who make decisions that affect people's lives could walk in our shoes for just one day!!! K xx
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Kay
    How true is that
    Some one once said to me they wouldn't want to give it to their worst enemy! Well I would!
    I got a written warning for my sickness absence 3 yrs ago long story
    I went to appeal and lost that as the HR panel couldn't understand I had pain in all my joints all the time even with my medication so what chance did I stand of winning my case
    Hope what goes around comes around and they get exactly what they deserve
    Their are lots of us on here that have got zero points well I got 6 but they ignored that so I'm going down the appeal route
    I wish you good luck in yours
    Be strong don't let em get you down
    Maria
  • KayMick
    Options
    It's not good Maria:( one word "Karma" I wish you well with you're appeal!! Still no news today so still waiting. My eyes have well & truly been opened re the benefits system & not in a positive way:( absolutely shocking!!! I like to think that my husband & I are decent, honest, generous people, who do the very bet we can by our family .....however, seems we're all tarred with the same brush & that is WRONG!!!! Xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Kay sorry Im late seeing this
    I just want to say welcome,and any questions you have just put them in LWA..thats if you haven't done already....its good to talk to people that understand what you are going through....x
    Love
    Barbara