PAIN MANAGEMENT MEETINGS

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 1. Mar 2013, 10:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
Well after the pain clinic appointment, I got a list of dates for pain management meetings....they are held once a month.
Tomorrow {Thurs} will be the first one I go to.
I've done the challenging arthritis and the pain management ones that arthritis care hold. It will be similar i think.
The difference will be {I suppose} is that AC courses are a set lenght ....2 weeks for the pain one and 6 weeks for the challenging one.
This is an informal one that you go to when you want to, for as long as you want to.....Thats about all I know about it at the minute :? I'll know more tomorrow.
I've got a date for more root nerve injections buit in a different place this time.....but I'll consentrate on the meeting tomorrow first :wink:
Hope you are all as well as you can be
Love
Hileena

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Hileena
    I will have everything crossed for you, who knows what will come of it... please let us know how you get on..it should be interesting..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Good luck for tomorrow, Hileena. Please update us afterwards.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hope all goes well.Mig
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    Well I've been to the meeting. It was enjoyable.
    Not sure that I picked up anything that I didnt know from Challengining arthritis......
    We met for coffee in a large room beforehand, then for an hour in another room for the talk/interaction/whatever you would call it....then back out for coffee again then back for another three quarters of an hour.
    There were about 20 of us. It wasnt structured like a course would be. If someone asked something we went off on a tangent. I'll certainly go back and see what next month brings.
    He talked about memory and distraction......also about how the pain was between our ears as much as in a particular place.....nerves sending signals to the brain to get a response. It didnt all sink in because we jumped from one thing to another. It was a good social morning and hopefully something came out of it.
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I am so sorry I have been AWOL for you :oops: (Must do better DD.)

This sounds as though it could be an interesting experience: sometimes with structured courses there isn't the time to take the various diversions that crop up in conversations and that can be frustrating - mind you too many diversions could be equally frustrating! I hope you will learn some new things and be able to pass on your knowledge too. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hileena at the very least you have had a nice day out, so Im glad about that..I do hope it helps, I am a great believer in this mind over matter...not sussed it out yet...but there you go...
    You keep us updated ...and my fingers are crossed for you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Heleena I'm glad for you that today went well. There's a lot to be said for unstructured meetings like that and it sounds like you got good comfort breaks too which is just as important. Can't focus too well without coffee. :) You've actually reminded me of some of the other factors related to pain which are so important. I've been to the pain clinic and the challenging pain one too but a great deal of my help r.e. pain pathways and psychology related to pain came from my physio who has now left and from reading.
    I hope you can get lots of benifit from the rest of the pain management meetings. Good luck.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I've recently attended a couple of meetings (not remotely connected with arthritis or pain) in which discussion time would have been very valuable indeed. It does need someone to keep hold of the reins though so that everyone stays on subject.

Memory and distraction eh :roll: Me too :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright