Newbe from Ireland

Options
Accipiter
Accipiter Member Posts: 17
edited 3. Mar 2013, 04:47 in Say Hello Archive
Well hello together :)

Im a 35 year young "bloke" that just has been diagnosed with Arthritis a week ago roughly (over the phone after I had x-ray's done of my right shoulder) Now I started to look through the good old internet for some info.

I don't know yet (or probably didnt really listen to the GP) what form but nearly guess it could be OA since apparently I had a shoulder injury years ago, at least thats what they were saying on the x-ray report. I'm due in tomorrow again to get the copy etc for the physio and also an appointment for steroid injections since I have tendinitis in my shoulder as well at the moment.

I had been on an off with pain for years but never really gave it much thought, now im in bits since about 6 weeks straight - just some days not as bad as others. No pain killers yet other then the ones OTC and sleep is a bit of a difficulty lol

Needless to say i'm a little overwhelmed at the moment to be honest, especially since I have always kept fit with loads of sport and also I'm an office worker and typing and using the mouse (i have moved to using the mouse with my left hand by now) is rather "unpleasant" as my shoulder is halfways locked at the moment.

Oh .. sorry for rambling on here lol .. I guess I'm just lucky I've found this please .. :wink:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope we will prove to be a good source of information and support. I have two forms of arthritis, an auto-imune sort amd the joint damage from that has led to osteo in a number of useful joints (mostly those involved with walking :wink: ). I am very tired now and am off to bed but I will come back tomorrow with a better answer: stick with us, we know our stuff and we understand how distressing a diagnosis can be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Accipiter
    Options
    Hey DD,

no problem at all - was knocked out myself at some point lol Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm off work for the moment till I had the injections and have seen a physio and I'll take it from there. It is annoying alright, I'm a hobby musician who plays the bass guitar and currently that isnt possible etc, those things are the most annoying I gues - i kinda got attached to my right arm over the years ;)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hello from me, too :) It sounds as if it's all come on quickly for you and that's hard to deal with, especially if you're into sport and play guitar. It's not just the pain but also the sudden changes. With luck the steroid jab and physio will help. Physio keeps the muscles strong and supportive so there's less pain.

We seem to have had a bit of an influx of blokes on the forum recently so you should find more male company than usual rather than being surrounded by us females :) Please let's know how you get on. Living With Arthritis is where we talk about .... er ....arthritis :lol: and Chit Chat is the fun bit - sometimes :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Hi there Accipiter

Lovely to meet you and welcome you to our forums :)

Getting your head round a diagnosis of arthritis can take some doing I must say, but coming on here is just the way to start.

In my opinion talking about it is the best thing to do and here is a great place to do that :wink:

love

Toni xx
  • Accipiter
    Options
    Hey sticky /Toni,

thanks for the warm welcome :) It did indeed came a bit out of the blue but I'm getting there digesting it, nothing I can do about it anyways so no point in getting all upset about it ;)

Time will tell how things go, until then I'll stay positive and just do what I can to keep things "moving along" (pardon the pun) nicely.

@ sticky - I can think of worst things then being surrounded by females to be honest :lol:

-Markus
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Markus

You are so right.....truck along and see what happens isn't a bad idea :wink: and what man wouldn't want to be surrounded by us lot :lol:

love

Toni xx