Saying hello

Options
Johnoh
Johnoh Member Posts: 2
edited 12. Mar 2013, 15:12 in Say Hello Archive
Hello All,
just a quick intro, have been suffering with AS and joints for a number of years, and have resisted the web, relying upon the various areas of the NHS.
However now feel it would be a good time to share/get advice from others, regarding my original diagnosis and ongoing problems.
New to forums perhaps someone could point me in direction of the section I should post under.
Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Johnoh

Nice to meet you! I'm sorry you had to find us but we are quite good at offering support and the like to each other. The best place to ask questions or post regarding your AS is the Living With Arthritis forum, Chit Chat is where general banter occurs whilst the other sections such as Working Matters are where more specific issues are aired.

I hope you find the forum useful and supportive. I too resisted such things for a long time but now I am here, I am really glad to have found it and it's great to be able to swap ideas and understanding with other people in the same or similar positions to you.

LV
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Hello johnoh. Resisting the web and sticking to NHS sites is good in my book. There's a lot of misinformation out there. However, here we don't do diagnoses :) but we're very good at supporting each other and sharing experiences. I hope you'll find us both useful and helpful.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello and a warm welcome from me..
    The others have pointed you in the right direction...I do hope to see you posting more very soon..its good to talk to people that understand some of you are going through x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Hello there Jonoh

A big welcome from me too :)

I am glad you have found us and am sure you will find this forum a great resource. Supportive and full of useful tips as well as pretty good at distraction if you need it.

Love

Toni xx
  • Breagha
    Breagha Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello all . .I have psoriatic arthritis and just joined today . .looking for help and tips from anyone with the same . .
    breagha
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I have PsA (which has led to OA in some of my affected joints) and I am shortly starting my seventeenth year with it. What can I say? It's not fun seems to be starting point. :wink: I now have to go and cook etc but I may be back later this evening; if not then definitely tomorrow. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Hello Breagha. Mine's RA but the net result is mostly the same :roll: You'll find we're fairly well clued up so if there's anything you want to ask go ahead. Living With Arthritis is where we talk about arthritis, meds etc and Chit Chat for non-arthritis stuff and a few laughs. I hope to see you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright