PMR

ruth9
ruth9 Member Posts: 2
edited 1. Mar 2013, 10:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just been diagnosed with PMR and put on steroids as from Monday. I was expecting to feel better by today but no change. In fact had a bad night and woke up tearful and 'all over the shop'. I need to know of people's experiences and how long steroids took to kick in. I know they are not a cure but would welcome any suggestions?

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Ruth

Welcome to the forum. There are a few members on here who have been diagnosed with PMR.

I clicked on the Search button at the top of the screen and typed in polymyalgia rheumatica, clicked on Living with Arthritis forum and then clicked on the Search button below and there are quite a few pages of past postings on PMR. I don't know if you have already done this but it may help you. Have you thought about contacting the helplines on the forum or calling them on the number at the top of the page.

I believe annie_mial has been diagnosed with PMR but I do not think she has been on the forum for a good few months. I wonder if anyone is in contact with her and could let her know that Ruth would like some help and guidance with PMR. I think she may be on FB if anyone is friends with her there.

I do hope that you get answers to your questions,Ruth.

Hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello and welcome from me, too. I don't have PMR. Mine's RA. Steroids always work well and, in tablet form, almost instantaneously for me but others' experiences are different. If you're feeling no better by Monday it might be worth contacting whoever put you on them for further advice.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright