The sun has got his hat on...

Options
daffy2
daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
edited 25. Mar 2013, 12:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well actually, given the cloudless blue sky I reckon he's taken his hat off.
I'm having to curb my normal reaction of escaping to my allotment, which is frustrating. I'm over the sneezing and snot but the cold has left me somewhat washed-out feeling, and I have a physio session this afternoon, so 'pacing myself' is the order of the day. In an hour or so it'll be really warm on my south-facing patio so I can get out the compost and some seeds and satisfy my gardening cravings that way, and boost my Vit D levels at the same time.
Hoping as many of you as possible will see the sun today; it's a real boost to the winter weary spirits.

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,944
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Daffy
    yes we have had the sun here all day. we have rain for tomorrow.
    enjoy the sun while you can.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Our sun spent the morning rummaging around in the mist trying to find his hat but it's lovely now.

I'm glad the worst of the cold is over, daffy. I hope the physio goes well and you can enjoy a spot of late afternoon sunshine. (I confess, when you mentioned warm south-facing patio, my first thought was a bottle of wine :oops:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Lovely sunshine here today so back to normal ; stroll along the prom and coffee beside the beach . I've missed the sun ! Jillyb
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi duffy
    Yes we have had a beautiful day and its still sunny, like you I would have loved to have got stuck in with my garden....but enjoyed sitting in it giving my OH instructions.... :o he doesn't like gardening... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    yes daffy2
    what a nice sunny day hottest so far :lol:
    nice to get in garden all bulbs showing and the raspberries starting to shoot through,a real big differance to get out in garden even if its only for a few days :cry: roll on summer :roll:
    mike26..
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sun was lovely here today as well Daffy, got a laugh at the idiots in their t-shirts and cropped trousers, wasn't that warm :lol:..........hope the physio app went ok..............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • daffy2
    Options
    I agree Marie people do seem to go a bit mad when the sun comes out. It's not a pretty sight in many cases either.
    Had to miss physio in the end as my IBS decided to play up in the afternoon.Fingers crossed it'll sort itself out by Thurs in time for the next appt.
    Dull today, but mild, and more and more flowers coming up, and at least in my garden they don't get massacred by rabbits, unlike where I do voluntary gardening. I planted lots of bulbs under a memorial tree there, and they've nearly all been chewed right down to the ground, very discouraging.There are some daffs to come which last year seemed to survive, but they won't be out in time for opening to the public for the season.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It was sunny yesterday and sunny again today. I'm off out shortly to wrestle with my new bird box, I don't know if I'll be able to fix it to a fence post but I'll give it my best shot. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    Options
    After all the practice you've had recently DD you should have no trouble thighsing the task up!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I utterly failed to achieve my aim. I cannot stand for the required length of time, neither do I have the 'welly' to screw in the screw whilst holding the box. :roll: so I've dethighded to leave it to someone else. :) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    Options
    Perhaps someone with an interest in tit-watching.....?(tsk, slapped wrist!)
    My time on a very foggy allotment this morning was enlivened by the antics of long-tailed tits bouncing round the bushes, and scolding the little cat that likes to keep us company( it's also a brilliant mouse catcher so we tolerate the occasional smelly pile or rolled in seed bed)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Are you suggesting, daffy, that, because DD is rubbish at screwing, she'll need to enlist the aid of a tit-twitcher :o

Last year a couple of magpies chased the tough boss-cat of the street up our garden, down the ginnel and off. I've never seen that before but was very impressed.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    Options
    Well, a bit of titillation brightens up the day, vide the 6 Nations thread!
    Two magpies are trying to work out how to get at the fat balls in my neighbour's garden - brute force and ignorance seems to be the order of the day so far. They've not been garden visitors before so it remains to be seen whether they stay or move back to the nearby copses - will depend on the success of the food raids perhaps.
  • daffy2
    Options
    ...and his scarf, gloves and thermals! It was good to see the yellow disc,if only briefly, but with the excruciating wind it was best appreciated indoors, preferably by a south facing window.
    On the plus side the washing dried a treat.