The Jukebox

Options
Bydand1980
Bydand1980 Member Posts: 35
edited 12. Mar 2013, 18:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Another new topic for the culture vultures here and this one is all about music.
What are you/have you been listening to? Are you going to any shows/gigs? What new music is out there? Tell us all about it here!

I'll start off with the last five albums I've had on as the soundtrack to another sleepless night!

Right now I'm listening to Robbie Williams - Swing When You're Winning (actually a very good album of golden-oldie classics with a contemporary pop touch and featuring some amazing musicians in the band/orchestra) and before that......

Steve Reich - Different Trains/Electric Counterpoint.
A very clever musical piece where Reich takes recordings of people talking about train journies and uses some phrases as a melodic basis for a minimalist piece. Electric Counterpoint is again very minimalist with the melody slowly emerging from repeated patterns and phrases that change vey subtly as the piece evolves.

Epica - Requiem For The Indifferent
Symphonic rock with a gothic, operatic feel.

Dream Theater - Images And Words
One of the classic progressive rock classic. Under A Glass Moon

Fish - Buillabaisse (The Best Of Fish)
Compilation of solo music from the ex-Marillion lead singer. This is split over two discs the first being ballads and the second being some great rock songs. The Company

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Just got "The Shadows Greatest Hits" and going to see "We will Rock You" tickets were a Xmas present .Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I have just blown the dust off my John Lennon album..every time Listen to it I get shivers down my spine....today's music I love loads but cant always remember who they are...my GDs think this is hilarious..must say I love Jesse J...go on tell me I have spelled it wrong... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Bydand1980 there was a Steve Reich concert on Radio 3 Tuesday night, might be available online?
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Well, my eldest daughter is mad on Japanese and Korean music. I've heard it so much that I must admit I like it. Only thing is I cant tell you which albums and tracks, their language is way beyond me.
    Karen xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Karen, my daughter is mad on Japanese music too. She has her own radio show playing solely Japanese music- i'll try get the link passed on to you!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Oh, yes please Elizabeth, that would be marvelous. Thanks.
    Karen xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I'm afraid I have got to admit my fav is Rod Stewart, although I do like a wide variety of music especially opera xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Bydand1980
    Bydand1980 Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Discovered a new band! If you like the sort of classic hard rock of bands like Wizard, Europe, Doro Peach then you might like Kill For Eden. Their singer is from Australia and she has an amazing voice!
  • newbygran
    newbygran Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Oh goody goody, :) I love music, Mike Oldfield, Celtic type, Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, I could give a long list ; am I showing me age ? oop's. O H has his own choices :? what ever the sound is it covers my tinitus, great idea, I love it it lifts my spirit. :D