The world according to my little brother ...

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 13. Mar 2013, 20:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
Life throws things at each and every one of us, you have to take it on the chin and learn that life is cruel at times. It’s all a learning experience and the thing to remember is that it makes you who you are.

We are no help to anyone if we’re hung up on the past. We can’t change the past we can only mould the present and plan for the future.

Take it one day at a time. Either the day is a success or it’s not. Some days you win; others you lose. Wake up the next morning and try again.

Thought provoking, yes?

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I absolutely agree with you Grace, I found all that out a while ago having to get infusions in hospital every three weeks, and when I see some of the others that are there getting different kinds of infusions like the youngsters with MS it humbled me so much and put life totally into perspective, I stopped saying why me, where does it get you, i have left my past behind me and now concentrate on my future, I am lucky I get a reminder every three weeks you got to take the good with the bad...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Thanks for these, Grace. I particularly like the middle one. We must face forwards not backwards - or risk falling flat on our faces :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    Wow Grace

How old is your wee brother??

Love

toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    How brilliant....your brother has it right...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Hi,

I'm glad you all found these as thought provoking as I did.

They came out of the blue via emails following the sad and - earlier than expected - death of our sister Sue (we lost her to cancer two weeks ago).

I asked my brother when his little book of proverbs is coming out but I understand these words of wisdom strike him at various moments, so I suspect this is still very much a 'work in progress'

My 'little' brother is not so little or young any more. He'll be 47 this year.

I too like to count my blessings and have the approach that I focus on what I can still do and have forgotten what I can no longer manage. I don't have 'problems' merely challenges. I describe myself as a strong, resourceful and determined individual, but I think that describes anyone fighting arthritis doesn't it?

Take care everyone,

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Options
    Such wise words Grace :).
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options