bubbadog rant time!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 14. Mar 2013, 10:13 in Community Chit-chat archive
Since I got the kittens a thought has been digging away in my brain. Every time I see any adverts for comic relief or red nose day the thought starts digging away again. What it is, why don't you ever see a comic relief for animals in need? Raising money for the R.S.P.C.A or P.D.S.A, animals need help just as much as humans. Animals can't talk and say 'we need help', it really has been annoying me.
I have tried to think but I can't ever remember the BBC, Ch 4, Ch 5 or Sky ever do anything to raise money for animal charities or animals in need. What has this world become when we don't care if animal charities can't help anymore animals because they can't afford to extend their shelters! What does everyone else think about this?

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    There may not be any Red Nose type events but charities such as the RSPCA and Battersea Dogs Home have benefited from TV series about their work.I think there have also been ones involving PDSA and Blue Cross. Celebs such as Rolf Harris and Paul O'Grady do much to raise awareness this way.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Don't Sky have a rainforest charity too aimed at maintaining the habitat for animals? I guess in an ideal world it would be nice to do animal charity things. I love animals, don't get me wrong but I think if it is a choice of using air time to raise awareness of and alleviate suffering and starvation for children in poverty or people in developing countries over kittens then there's quite a few arguments in favour of the status quo.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I do think that Paul OGrady..is a great ambassador for the animal charities....I loved his program ..bubba I do agree they could do with more help.
    Love
    Barbara
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    its a great idea Barbara
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Rolf Harris & Paul O'Grady have done amazing things to make Animal Shelters aware and the fight they have to stay open! And there is what Sky is trying to do for the rain forrest. But I'm sure more money and awareness is needed.
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    When ever I'm approached to give to charity I always refuse unless it's for an animal charity, I do get some unpleasant comments and horrified looks but as far as I'm concerned, animals are so abused in this world, in All countries, especially underdeveloped countries, they can't say where it hurts or they need a drink and are beaten if they slow down...... I better get off my soap box now, oh and zoo's, ok I'm gone.

Numps x
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.