Janwhy
Janwhy Member Posts: 20
edited 12. Mar 2013, 12:18 in Say Hello Archive
Hello to you all.

I have been given this site from the NRAS forum site to see if anyone can help me. I have sarcoidosis in both lungs and my Rheumy seems to think this is what is causing my joint pain. Saw him yesterday and he told me that I have osteo arthritis in both hands and feet, but that the shoulders show calcification on the X-ray. He is also sending me for tests for osteoporosis. Had blood test for bone density too.

Any help or advice old be appreciated.

Jean why

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,067
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Janwhy and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I know next to nothing about sarcoidosis though I dimly recollect it being mentioned at least once on here. (I have RA with some OA.) As more people use the Living With Arthritis forum you might get a better response if you re-post on there. Meanwhile I did manage to find this out from the NHS site:

The Sarcoidosis Charity recommends the following lifestyle measures to encourage the body to fight off sarcoidosis:

quit smoking if you smoke
    avoid exposure to dust, chemicals, fumes and toxic gases
    eat a healthy balanced diet
    drink plenty of water
    take plenty of exercise and sleep

There is also a sarcoidosis charity http://www.sila.org.uk/
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • Janwhy
    Janwhy Member Posts: 20
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi sticky wicket, thanks for your reply, I am already a member of the sila site. The question I wanted help with was the calcification in the shoulders, but thanks for your kind reply.

Jawhy