TV Problems

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 14. Mar 2013, 11:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

We have Sky HD+ box and today went to play beehive bedlam and then switched telly off...Tried to switch it on at 5pm and the sound was blaring, cannot do anything via remote controls and we have to switch it off at wall..This means we cannot watch TV at all as cannot have this blaring and the other freeview set is connected to Sky in some way...
Annoying...Anyone got any ideas what's up?

Elainexx

Comments

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Can't help sorry - but I can sympathise.
    Try hitting it. A good old thump in the middle of our old telly used to work wonders - the grass returned to being green rather than blue. Also if we were watching swimming and the water was green, following a strategically placed thump the water became blue again. Magic.
    Hope you manage to get an engineer out quickly.

Good luck.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry I cant help Elaine...I do hope get it sorted today....televisions used to be so straight forward till we had all these boxes... :roll: good luck x
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Grace & Barbara

Apparently its goosed and its only just over 2 years old....The man said these new ones do this burn out very quickly....

Elainexx
  • barbara12
    Options
    ELaine is that the box or the TV I am asking because we have had our TV for 12 years and was going to get a new one....we cant move this thing it is so heavy....hope its your box x
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Barbara

Not its the telly it was a sony bravia just over 2.5 years old...Our old one was silver like yours and heavy as anything we had to get someone to lift it out of the house for us...

Elainexx
    barbara12 wrote:
    ELaine is that the box or the TV I am asking because we have had our TV for 12 years and was going to get a new one....we cant move this thing it is so heavy....hope its your box x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Only thing I can think of is its gone back to factory settings of high volume and bright screen! I don't expect you have your manual or its still under guarantee after 2 years?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    Options
    Dont forget Elaine...the guarantee doesn't stop with the 12 months...the item has to be fit for the purpose...and it should have lasted more than 2 and a half years xx
    Love
    Barbara