They say things come in threes...

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 15. Mar 2013, 10:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
and after two bouts of not breathing I guess a third something was due. I've had a terrible stomach bug since Tuesday. I'm now medicated to stop me being sick and that seems to be stopping things nicely so I can finally drink. The good news is my precious pair are both still kicking and moving so despite feeling all my stomach muscles contracting hard it doesn't appear to have bothered them. I'm kind of ready for this pregnancy to be over! These last few weeks haven't been much fun at all and I'm ready for two babies to arrive as it has to be a bit nicer than this.
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Nothing worse than stomach bugs for making you feel really down whether you are pregnant or not,hope you feeling better now,rest up you are going to be busy in the months to come,sorry cant remember :oops: if you have other children.Has mr LV started his new job yet ? Hope it's going /will go well for him.Mig (((())))
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    My wife reckoned that life got hectic when the pregnancy ended
    and our three were born three and four years apart.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Oh LV, when I saw the title of this post, I thought you were expecting triplets :shock: :lol:
    I'm sorry you're suffering again, tummy bugs really are the pits (I said "pits" :wink: )
    I'm glad the meds are helping, and hope they continue to do so.
    Take care of you and your precious cargo.
    (((())))
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I was one step ahead of Numpty. I thought it meant you'd given premature birth and suddenly discovered that Bubble and Squeak were actually Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas :shock: Don't do that to me, LV :lol:

The tummy bug sounds horrible even for a non baby-incubator. I'm glad the medicine has helped and that your two little 'uns are thriving on it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Sorry that you are feeling rough again. But glad that the pills are helping and that b and s are still doing well. I can't imagine being pregnant with twins is much fun. Not long to go now though. Exciting.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Gosh LV I thought they had found another little one hiding behind the twins... :o Im so sorry you have been poorly ...it wont belong now...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    How many weeks are you along now Lignumvitae???

If you are really lucky they might let you 'have them a bit earlier' with them being multiple birth and also given how hard it is getting :?

Glad that at least for now things are a little easier

Love

Toni xxx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Och you are a poor wee soul, you have been through the mill lately lets hope for the last time to the wee bundles of joy arrive, glad the meds have helped, we will have to be getting the party arrangements made soon to wet the babies heads :D take care LV ((((())))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Thane you everybody! I should have thought that threes might mean triplets, no way, carrying two is proving tricky enough. My stomach is still not my friend but we are agreeing to disagree about life rather than throw hissy fits for now and I can drink which is great as I was getting so dehydrated.
    I'm thirty five and a half weeks now, the tiny dancers are dancing away, obviously they found the whole thing quite entertaining. My bump has dropped and the Braxton hicks have been quite regular til the stomach bug interrupted things. I'm due another scan next week and that's when we will discuss inducing them possibly. Once my bump dropped I thought I was on my way but clearly Bubble and Squeak have other plans!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Once my bump dropped I thought I was on my way but clearly Bubble and Squeak have other plans!

After my 2nd one dropped, a couple of days before he was due, the consultant remarked "This one's made himself very comfortable." He still came bang on time though.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright