Dilema what should I do

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 15. Mar 2013, 04:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all hope you are all as well and pain free as arthur will allow I have a bit of a problem in as much as on Tuesday evening as I went to board a bus with me rollator I got the front wheels onto the bus and the back wheels went off the pavement onto the road at the same time as the driver lowered the platform for me to get on and my wheels got stuck and I asked the driver to raise the platform which he did but bwfor ehe was able to do this some i suppose well meaning man decided try to help?? by just pulling at it the result one side or one of the supporting tubes has split on one side my qusetion is do I spend up to £80 for it to be welded together not knowing how long it will last or do I purchase a brand new one for £70 -£100 pound and know that it will be ok. :roll: :?: :roll: :?:
What would you do ?
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    what a shame...I suppose its one of those things, Im just glad you weren't hurt in all of this..I would go for a new one...but there is no harm in asking for a quote might be much cheaper than you think.x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I would go for a new one because a repair is weaker than the original. What a blasted nuisance for you - just a thought, might this be covered under your household insurance? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Hi DD and Barbara thank you for the replies
    Barbara I have been trying to find out prices and how long it would last and have been told any from three different people prices from £20 - £80 depending on the amount of work but no one can say how long it would last.
    DD the home insurance is something to think about and I will have to look into it. :?
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Ithink safety first you ought to go for a new one honestly what if it collapses under you? :shock:

love a slightly worried
    Toni xxx
  • Turbogran
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Ithink safety first you ought to go for a new one honestly what if it collapses under you? :shock:

love a slightly worried
    Toni xxx

Dont worry Toni safety is my 1st concern also and I'm leaning more towards buying new even though cost is a concern too at the moment as had a lot of expence lately. :D
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Mmmm.... yes I can see what you mean, but hopefully wouldn't be a HUGE difference in cost :?

Love

Toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    The insurance thing is worth checking out, isn't it? I, too, would err on the side of safety.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Carol hopefully your insurance will cover you getting a NEW one I would be apprehensive about getting it fixed, hope you get it sorted soon.........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    The green way must be welding and recycling? You could customise it, a rattle can from Halfords, a new plastic bag from Tes.......... :mrgreen: