surgical problem

Ryedaledigger
Ryedaledigger Member Posts: 24
edited 10. Apr 2013, 09:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello again folks. I am at dilemma of what to do. I had a revision on my left hip due to the original one been faulty in 2011 and it has allways been very painful and never got right. I have changed consultants and during my consultation last week he advised me that the operation was not done correctly, the ball joint was not fully placed into the cocket, so when I walk I am leaning to the left and this is what is causing my pain and discomfort. I have to have my right hip revision shortly then he has to repaire the left hip. Both my hips had the DePuy faulty hips put in and I and many others are suing the company who made them. I am unsure of how to progress, firstly I am very tired due to my many illnesses and going thought the suing process with my solicitor and dont know if I can take the stress of another action but I am very anoyed and want justice for all the pain and problems the surgeon is putting me though. Any help and advice please. Thanks Steve

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You've had an exceptionally tough time with your surgeries and yet more to come. The pain and the operations all take their toll and the stress of the lawsuit won't help.

I can understand your annoyance but surely only you can decide whether the hoped-for outcome would be worth the stress of an addition lawsuit.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Steve
    I really do feel for you, there are many that have had these hip joints fitted, I am only glad I have had mine delayed...
    Sorry I cant helping with the process of suing....I think it is the company that made them that are being sued and not the people that fitted them.
    I do wish you well with the revisions and please let us know how you get on x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Ryedaledigger
    Thanks folks for your answers and support, much needed. I have untill the 28th March to deside what to do but so far I want to but am i creating more stress as you said. Will keep you imformed. TTFN Steve
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    I personally i would sue the company
    But there are lots of factors involved and very stressful time to be added to you requiring further surgery
    I think only you can decide as it is a very difficult one to make
    Could you possibly speak to your surgeon or own GP for further information
    I wish you all the best what ever you decide
    Maria
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Hello there. I must say I always thought that you had time on your side when it came to sueing. But, if not, well I would go for it. All the pain and operations you have had to endure. You deserve it. You still have time to think, so maybe a chat with your gp would help you. Shall look forward to hearing all about it at a later date.
    Karen xx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Steve

Can i just say I feel for you chappie....I mean I haven't had a hip replaced but had a knee done and if mine went wrong I truly don't know how I would feel if I was in your shoes...
    I do know what it is like trying to even complain about a consultant as I had to do that at my local hospital the guy was such an ignoramus that he wanted to take out my kneecap and not explain to me why, his so called bedside manner was appalling as my dad who was there with me also witnessed...So I can kinda understand when you say you haven't the energy to sue De Puy...Its hassle you just don't need is it?

Sending best wishes to you...

Elainexx
    Hello again folks. I am at dilemma of what to do. I had a revision on my left hip due to the original one been faulty in 2011 and it has allways been very painful and never got right. I have changed consultants and during my consultation last week he advised me that the operation was not done correctly, the ball joint was not fully placed into the cocket, so when I walk I am leaning to the left and this is what is causing my pain and discomfort. I have to have my right hip revision shortly then he has to repaire the left hip. Both my hips had the DePuy faulty hips put in and I and many others are suing the company who made them. I am unsure of how to progress, firstly I am very tired due to my many illnesses and going thought the suing process with my solicitor and dont know if I can take the stress of another action but I am very anoyed and want justice for all the pain and problems the surgeon is putting me though. Any help and advice please. Thanks Steve
  • Ryedaledigger
    Hi folks just a update on my dilema what to do. I have had talks with my wife and come to the decision of letting the hospital matron deal with it. I have met her a few times and feel she will be on my side and do the research and come to a outcome to resolve this issue. I have also contacted Patient.co.uk as a cc in the e-mail to the matron.
    TTFN Steve