Oh Bum.

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 17. Mar 2013, 09:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had right thumb fused in Feb. It's currently still in plaster to the elbow. I have clearly over done it with my left hand as that thumb is so swollen and sore. Bother!
My helper is away for the next week and I'm trying to prove that I can do it without help. I feel like my body is ganging up on me. I'm also doing without drugs as the hospital won't start my new biologic before seeing if my hand has recovered, which is annoyingly sensible.
Grrrr.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Jen
    I was wondering how you was getting on,bless were all guilty of overdoing things...your poor thumb...its sods law you have one done now the other...I do hope you can manage some rest.
    And hopefully they will give you the new meds...what do they want blood...
    you take care of yourself..(((((())))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Oh Jen :(

I know it sounds mad and unbelievalbe but please do try to rest :?

In order to prove you can do without help you need to rest as much as pos- it really is early days after the hand op

love

toni xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hello Jen. Do hope things will improve for you soon. Try and take it as easy as you can (easier said than done I know!). Take care of yourself. Beryl (())
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Jen, sympathies I think we are all guilty of trying to be too independant, do you happen to have a thumb splint that you could use to immobilise the thumb and hopefully help the pain, I got a steriod injection into mine the other day and afraid it hasn't worked, I have found using a splint has helped keep the pain to bearable, hope you get onto your meds soon..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi Jen, I do sympathise, I had the same problem last year after my wrist fusion.
    I agree with Marie, a splint may help.
    I hope things improve soon,
    Numpty