Down Day !!

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 19. Mar 2013, 09:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Been having a couple of down days this week seem to go two steps forward one step back. I wish the weather would pick up a bit I know it's sunny but it's quite cool out. Got physio on Monday that will be fun Wendy

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,181
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi wendy, sorry you're a bit gloomy today you are certainly right about the weather - one minute we were nearly getting somewhere, this week hail! Sun is out today again, so hang on it's nearly April now, have a lovely kitty* in daffodils to cheer you up :)

white-cat-in-flowers-pic_zps5699e7c2.jpg

Good luck for physio, puts you through the mill a bit does she? Hope you get some benefit out of going.

*if you're a dog person I will have to gone & find you one of those lol
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Wendy
    I do think when springs comes we will all feel a little better ...you just try and get some rest before physio...when I was having it I took my meds 20 mins before then they were working by the time they started throwing me around... xx Toady I love the pic.. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Of course it feels like that, Wendgro. You've had surgery on top of a rough time and recovery is always hard to judge when you're right in the middle of it. 'Tis early days yet, things will get better (including the weather) and all will be well again. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hello Wendy. Sorry you have been feeling a bit 'down' recently. Think we shall all be glad when Spring is here properly. The week before last it was warm enough to shed winter jumpers, last week it was back to everything you could find to put on as we had raging snow blizzards! Has got a little warmer over the last few days but is now so wet and my garden is like a mudbath!!

Hope the physio goes well. Yes, take your painkillers before you go, it does make a little difference and be prepared to 'crash out' when you get back home afterwards - at least that is what I find happens.

Take care. Let us know how you get on. Beryl (())
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Wendy, sorry to hear you are feeling rubbish at the moment, hopefully the weather will pick up soon. I know where I live the temperatures are on the rise we were very lucky and escaped most of the snow, hope your physio goes well tomorrow let us know how you get on xx

Toady love the pic it put a smile on my face xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi wendy, I'm sorry you're feeling down. I'm sure the weather isn't helping, it's quite scizophrenic at the moment!
    I really hope things improve, on all fronts, very soon.
    Good luck with the physio.
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, how are things today? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • wendgro
    wendgro Member Posts: 296
    Options
    Been to physio today all is progressing well got four exercises to do four times a day with rest and ice pack between sessions. still on2 crutches she said I have to work through the pain sometimes easier said than done keep you posted
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Wendy. Glad your physio went ok. Think it's easy for them to say "work through the pain", they don't have to try and do it. Know what you are going through and can only suggest that you rest as much as possible in between exercise sessions and keep taking your painkillers. Sending lots of ((())) Beryl