Hi again to you all

Options
bounce
bounce Member Posts: 106
edited 16. Mar 2013, 12:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi again,

Sorry I havent been around much for a while, been so busy at work, and trying to get caught up at home, and fighting a losing battle with the housework. :|

I have been having problems with my toes, and finally went to the Drs, and I got told, you have arthritis in your toes, so Im on Naproxen for a month, and if that doesnt improve matters I will have to have a blood test to check for RA, and I also have Reynards too, so the problems are spreading through the body now, darn it, I was hoping it would hold up on the spreading part, but im out of luck it seems

But this is the first time a doctor has mentioned doing a blood test to check for RA in the 8 years I have had Arthur, upto now I had been told its definately OA, this doctor is quite new to my practice, and I am definately going to choose her every time I need to see a doctor, but she is so popular you have to wait 5 or 6 weeks already to get an appointment with her. :o

So its wait a month and hope it clears up or go through a blood test and wonder which arthur I really do have, time will tell.

Hugs to everyone on here, and I have missed you all and the chats, I wish there was more hours in the day, then I could fit everything in, :D

All the best

Julie

XX

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Julie

Good to see you and sorry about your further symptoms. Great news that you have found a more "enterprising" gp and hope he can sort you out if you know what I mean. ;)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • bounce
    bounce Member Posts: 106
    Options
    Hi Elna,

It is a shame that its progressed, especially as I do a 8 hour shift on my feet 5 days a week, ouch.

But im so happy that I have found a great doctor, and although I had to have my toes pressed a bit, I was much happier, even though knowing arthur was the problem.

Im looking forward to getting sorted out good and proper, then that way I will get "happy feet" even though im not a penguin. :lol:

Maybe I will get some better medication for the arthur and the pain dulling too. fingers crossed, :)

And its great to be back again, :)

Julie.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Julie
    Its lovely to have you back, only sorry to here you are having trouble with your toes....I changed my GP a few years ago now, he just wasn't interested in arthritis....its was awful going to see him....he used to think I was complaining over nothing even though I hadn't seen him in ten years apart fro smear test...the first thing my new GP did was full blood test...and one of them was for RA...he does them every year...
    I do hope you get some proper meds very soon and fingers crossed fro the results.xx
    Love
    Barbara