JUST WANTED TO SAY.....

Options
sallyann14
sallyann14 Member Posts: 25
edited 19. Mar 2013, 08:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
...good luck to all of us who are having to go through the process of converting from DLA to this new PIP. We are all in the same boat on here and we are all hoping for an easy transition, fingers crossed that we all get the right conclusion.
Its going to be a rough road, from all the blogs, websites and forums that are all talking about this, but together we can aide each other, give encouragement and assist others who are already receiving these bl***y awful letters...excuse the language but this is quite tame to what i would REALLY like to say !!
Take care all. much love Sally.x 8)

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Sally
    Its awful how they are putting people through this stress..we know there are people out there on benefits that shouldn't be, but to paint everyone with the same brush is just causing more suffering...good luck with it all x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I know that I will be facing that soon so the one thing I won't be doing is reading up on others' experiences. I know the situation I am in and it's up to me to prove my ill-health to healthy people and there's the big, fat, juicy black fly in the ointment. How the hell do they have any idea of what we face on a dialy basis?

I applied for DLA back in the early 2000s and was amazed to be granted it without any question. I think it reasonable that I should have to justify my claim - maybe the adjudicators should be 'nobbled' in some way so they have at least a vague experience of our lives. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Well, I could do with some luck. I have received my letter of appointment for a medical. It's the week after next. I am dreading it.
    Karen xx
  • mummycj
    mummycj Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi, Good luck to everyone who's having to go through this, i am not on ESA but i am on JSA with my partner - ive heard things about the health interview they do.. all i recommend stay strong, you are ill they cant say otherwise or you wouldnt be on medication and in alot of pain! you have nothing to hide or be ashamed off! They can make you feel belittled but keep your chin up and stand your ground! not everyone lies and fakes being ill because its easier then getting off there bum to go work - i wish i worked but nothing nor no - one wants to take me on!.. but Good Luck! my fingers are crossed for you!! x
  • wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    Options
    doesnt it make you sick that those of us who were put on dla indefinately have once again to go through hoops to prove we arent able to work ,and since they have changed the goal post from 50 mtrs to 20 ,does this mean that those with disability vehicles will have to hand them back if they decide you can walk more than twenty metres ???,i dont have one myself but i do know that its the only way some of you worse than i am can get about and its your lifeline to a normal life ,they should not be allowed to get away with this ,i could say a bad word but since its sunday i wont :x x
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I know that I will be facing that soon so the one thing I won't be doing is reading up on others' experiences. I know the situation I am in and it's up to me to prove my ill-health to healthy people and there's the big, fat, juicy black fly in the ointment. How the hell do they have any idea of what we face on a dialy basis?

I applied for DLA back in the early 2000s and was amazed to be granted it without any question. I think it reasonable that I should have to justify my claim - maybe the adjudicators should be 'nobbled' in some way so they have at least a vague experience of our lives. DD

Well said DD, only time will tell how "fair" the new system is. The way I see it is that anyone with arthritis isn’t going to get better, chances are they're condition is going to get worse as that’s just the way the disease goes. My award runs out in 2014 so I knew I would have to re-apply every 3 years anyway. But for those who have been awarded for life and will now be re-asses.....words can't describe how stupid that is. They want to reduce the welfare bill but insist on re-assessing someone’s DLA which has been awarded for life for a reason, and that reason is that the disease is not going to go away and that they should leave them alone, stop causing stress and let them get on with their lives.
  • sallyann14
    sallyann14 Member Posts: 25
    Options
    one thing that upsets me a bit on this, most of us have lifetime/indefinate awards, so why are we not protected, pensioners are and sorry but i dont see why they are exempt from reassessment, especially when you see some of them hopping out of their cars in T***O, i think it should be across the board, if we are going to be looked at, then it should be ALL of us looked at... :?
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm so nervous about getting the dreaded letter, I had to fight to get DLA for life, and now I eventually have it it's changed and we have to become stressed and go through it again and it's much harder this time round! Seeing the amount of people who really do need it being turned down is making me more & more stressed which isn't good for me as I suffer with seizures! They are attacking the wrong people to raise more money to keep this country afloat, how about attacking the fat cats, the millionaires and M.P's & lords who have more money than sense!