I Don't Know what To Do

Options
shandy4greenday
shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
edited 18. Mar 2013, 11:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
I really am unsure what to do now,I just rang my doctor's surgery this morning for another sicknote as I am on ESA at the moment,I had to wait for a call back again to speak to my GP.He called me back again and he always seems hesitant in giving me another sicknote and makes me feel like I shouldn't be asking for one.I dread asking for one everytime I need one now as he makes me feel so uncomfortable about asking.I was on JSA before and working part time in the kitchen's and had to give my job up due to lifting,I would love to go back to work part time but it would have to be light duties. I could really do with the money right now but I worry about looking for another job and my condition gets worse and I end up having to take time off.At the moment I'm not sure if I am ready or not cause one day I feel like I could go to work and another not but I do hate being at home feeling sorry for myself too but my doctor is making me feel like maybe he is right and I should be working.

Comments

• suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am sorry, I don't know what type of arthritis you have or to the extent you are affected. However if you want to go back to work, why don't you speak to your employer? They are obliged to accomadate your disability, so they may help you to find a job you could manage.

I know I miss working, but was ordered by the doctor to give up due to serious health problems. It gives you a focus, company and most importantly, money!!!!! :lol:

Be honest with your doctor and ask him how he feels about you working, they will tell you straight and give you good advice on what you can or can't do. If you applying for benefits, they will write to the doctor anyway, so it is best to know what he thinks.

P.s If you are on meds, then once they kick in you may well be able to go back to work.

Hope it is of some help.