R.A. And now O.A and Fibro

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 19. Mar 2013, 05:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Folks,

Not been on for a few days as I'm just coming to terms with latest visit to Rheumy. I've been told I've got O.A. In my right knee and Fibromyalgia. To say the least I'm a bit fed up of it all now. Rheumy has prescribed amitryptilene to help with sleeping problems and has advised a change of lifestyle I.e. Work.

So have any of you lovely people got any ideas of what else may help? I'm getting a lot of pain in my neck, shoulders, arms etc. And the fatigue is unreal.

Many thanks

Love Kate x

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kate,

you might get more help and replies posting this in the living with arthritis forum but i will try and help some here

Reference the fibro you have to learn to pace yourself (easier said than done) over time you learn what triggers a bad flare. im on gabapentin and tamazipam, i was on amitriptolin first though , there is some info on here for fibro but fibromyralgia uk is a great site for info,

for all pain try heat pack or cold pack each person finds which is best for them, and read up on each condition, a lot of it is down to the knowledge you gain and treatments you then push for,

good luck i have the same so know a bit of how daunting it can be xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Kate..like Coco says put a post in LWA...I do feel for you..I have OA ..and my neck started last year on top of the other joints
    Just to say with the amys...take then early I take mine around 6.30 and then ready for bed around 10...this way you wont feel so hungover in the morning...I only had this feeling for a few days..so don't be put off .(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara