Will i get arthritis or serious problems with my knuckle?

Options
Tyler123
Tyler123 Member Posts: 2
I punched a bin about a month ago. I had my hand looked at and the person said it's broken and to go down the hospital and have it looked at. I didn't go down the hospital now my knuckle (little finger knuckle) is like twice the size it should be. I got told it's too late now and i will have arthritis in it. Is there a way to stop this? And i might have boxing matches soon so i need do something. I punched something earlier (not hard) and now it really hurts and it's swollen again and it is really painful. What can i do and have i got a problem for life now?

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tyler123

Thanks for your posting and sorry to hear about your painful knuckle.

It’s best to get it checked out by your doctor or local A&E department, as you may need a further x-ray or mri scan to see what has happened inside the joint and also have some form of protection put on it to stop any further damage occurring.

As regards whether you will get arthritis later, that depends exactly what has occurred inside the joint. Osteoarthritis usually starts from a loss of cartilage in a joint, though it doesn’t definitely mean you will get arthritis later on.

You are welcome to ring us if you would like to have a chat about things, or have any further questions.

Regards

Nick
    Helplines Team
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tyler

I am a member of the forum. and I am sorry to hear about your "bin" episode and now you are suffering with your hand. I am not sure if A&E will see you as the injury occurred a good few weeks ago but you can try of course. You really should seek medical advice and take it from there. It would be a great shame if you do not have your hand looked at immediately especially if you love boxing and anyway, a painful hand is very debilitating.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.