Nins & Peedles

Options
gt43
gt43 Member Posts: 14
edited 21. Mar 2013, 17:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
... does anyone have any good ideas for coping with the dreaded tinglies, please? The pain is a lot better the last couple of days, some joints seem to be loosening up a bit but I'm a martyr to numbness and I've felt like banging my hands on the desk sometimes, to get some feeling back! Not just hands - it's outside of arms from elbows to outer fingers, similar on legs & toes, and my shoulders have just joined in too!

(Sorry I'm needing so much help just now - it's my first time around, with things being quite this bad, and I've no idea whether any of this is "normal" !)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've never experienced this on such a scale but it sounds nasty, rather on the severe side and not normal. The only tingling I had was in my hands and that was due to carpal tunnel syndrome. I think you would be wise to go to your GP about this because banging your hands on the table is not the way to restore feeling but may be a good way to damage delicate joints. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi
    Have you seen a neurologist? sounds to me you have some nerve damage going on there with the tingling and numbness in the extremities, having a neurological condition myself all sounds too familiar, but, not being a doctor I think you really need to see your GP, let us know how you go...........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • fibrogal1
    fibrogal1 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    My little finger looked black and blue this past week,thought it was down to carrying bags of shopping.Now its tingling and numb.Went to a funeral this morning and it turned white with the cold,totally dead.Had to put my hand in hot water to thaw it out!
    Im thinking it could be carple tunnel or related to the OA,plus I rest my wrist on the edge of the lappy when typing so that could be it!
  • omelia
    omelia Member Posts: 16
    Options
    i get pins and needles and also numbness in my hands and fingers i was told it was my nerve endings that get trapped due to swelling in my neck and shoulders usely aniflammerys help me it's not a quick fix it usely takes days but it helps :idea: