Good Physio today

Options
babytiger
babytiger Member Posts: 360
edited 22. Mar 2013, 12:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had my 2nd appointment this morning and came away well chuffed and a wee bit bit tender now :D
I didn't think I had improved much but she said my bend is now 100% - 2 weeks ago was 95% . I'm walking more natural now but still use 1 crutch when I go out for support. She had me doing more exercises and up and down stairs which I found easy today (wish my stairs at home were as low)
I even asked her if I could have a shot on the exercise bike and where I could get one cheap. Didn't think for one minute I would manage to cycle. So on I get with a struggle and got stuck, my knee wouldn't turn.
"Told you I wouldn't manage " says me. Never mind...... off you get she says and puts seat up ,now try and whaheeeee had a couple of peddles, so def. want a bike at home to build my leg up .
Went into work to hand a holiday form in (what a cheek ive got,ive been off 5 weeks) and all the lassies said how well I looked and was actually smiling better than before I was off... I didn't look that bad ,did I ?
so all in all I had a good morning
Eileen

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :D So good to hear your great news, Eileen. :D

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Eileen that's great news well done you are doing fab, hope you manage to get your bike..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barry2013
    barry2013 Member Posts: 151
    Options
    villier wrote:
    Eileen that's great news well done you are doing fab, hope you manage to get your bike..........Marie xx

Great news Eileen, I have the seat higher than normal on the exercise bike and am easily doing 15 mins every other day, G.P. has entered me onto a free programme at Louth lesuire centre, hope you can get hold of a bike soon.
    Barry.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    That's really good news, I'm pleased things are going so well.
    Good luck with that bike,
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good for you...determination is what you have and it shows (((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Eileen

Oh the exercise bike and for me its not a comfortable ride hurts every flipping where and me getting on and off it ain't a pretty sight! So you have done well, it does hurt after going on the bike i find...5 weeks off on holiday might just get you about sorted for going back to work too!

Elainexx
    babytiger wrote:
    Had my 2nd appointment this morning and came away well chuffed and a wee bit bit tender now :D
    I didn't think I had improved much but she said my bend is now 100% - 2 weeks ago was 95% . I'm walking more natural now but still use 1 crutch when I go out for support. She had me doing more exercises and up and down stairs which I found easy today (wish my stairs at home were as low)
    I even asked her if I could have a shot on the exercise bike and where I could get one cheap. Didn't think for one minute I would manage to cycle. So on I get with a struggle and got stuck, my knee wouldn't turn.
    "Told you I wouldn't manage " says me. Never mind...... off you get she says and puts seat up ,now try and whaheeeee had a couple of peddles, so def. want a bike at home to build my leg up .
    Went into work to hand a holiday form in (what a cheek ive got,ive been off 5 weeks) and all the lassies said how well I looked and was actually smiling better than before I was off... I didn't look that bad ,did I ?
    so all in all I had a good morning
    Eileen
  • babytiger
    Options
    Thanks guys, I was well chuffed, Elaine I wasn't a pretty site trying to get on and off the blinking thing though. I've got an ad on the freecycle site, so just hoping . Its worked out good as well for me to go back to work 7th April as my son goes back to Afghanistan for 7 months so work will keep me occupied rather than sitting in house worrying. Not doing too much today as I'm a bit tender and can't do stairs but as she said that will take the longest to master. Its amazing how you take things like walking and up/down stairs for granted,isn't it.

Eileen
  • babytiger
    Options
    manvish434 wrote:
    it has been 7/8 weeks since my surgery on my knee where i broke my patella and i have pins and wires put in the cap has healed well and i saw the physio today for the first time and she said i need to do some hard work on it im kinda worried what does she mean hard work i have a horrible feeling its going to be painful as i can only bend my knee 7 degrees after 7weeks please help those who have had patella surgery

Hi Manvish,
    I haven't had patella surgery so don't really know about that but someone might come along that has. As for the hard work I imagine she means an exercise plan to loosen the knee, Has she gave you any exercises to do at home at all ? We are all different and some people find them fairly easy,others like me 1st time round found them really painful ,It all takes time
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Eileen

It must be hard having a son in the forces so your'e right if you are occupied and back at work then its better than sitting around...The stairs thing I still havent mastered as think its my fault living in a bungalow and i still purposely look for lifts when they are about, not stairs..The bike kills my knee like hell and can only manage about 6-7 mins...Its pathetic really as im now 5 months post op but not everyone recovers the same thats what i got to tell myself...
    Hope you hear about an exercise bike on freecycle soon, amazing how many sit about unused...Either that or look on ebay they may have one for local pick up and may only be about £10 or something?

Elainexx
    babytiger wrote:
    Thanks guys, I was well chuffed, Elaine I wasn't a pretty site trying to get on and off the blinking thing though. I've got an ad on the freecycle site, so just hoping . Its worked out good as well for me to go back to work 7th April as my son goes back to Afghanistan for 7 months so work will keep me occupied rather than sitting in house worrying. Not doing too much today as I'm a bit tender and can't do stairs but as she said that will take the longest to master. Its amazing how you take things like walking and up/down stairs for granted,isn't it.

Eileen