Does anyone know?

Numptydumpty
Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
edited 24. Mar 2013, 11:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Does anyone know where spring is? cos it sure aint here!
Yesterday we had lovely sunshine, and a pair of Bluetits, were "viewing" my bird box. They seemed very interested, flying back and forth between it, and the apple tree, poking their heads in, but not quite having the courage to go right inside. I watched them for ages.
Today, we're back to a biting cold wind, and flurries of snow! no sign of the Bluetits :cry:

Comments

• newbygran
    newbygran Member Posts: 96
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    blue tit's are every where down here especially at the bus stop, ha ha :lol::lol: very cold standing waiting for spring and buses :o
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    :shock: :lol:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh newbygran...mine aren't very warm.... :lol:
    Numpty we had the little blue tits putting nesting material in our box its been up 3 years...I bet they have migrated now...I know I would if I could :shock: :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Snow here up to Daiycat's armpits and beyond :roll:

Poor birdies :(

this has to be the last of the bad weather though surely??

The year My eldest was born 18 years ago 9th this moth we had really bad snow and a FABULOUS summer. I remember having her outside in her pram in just her vest :D

Not sure I coul persuade her to do that now though :lol:
    love

Toni xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    We have snow and it has covered everywhere!! Luckily the OH had filled the bird feeders. We had a pair of house sparrows move in to one of our bird boxes, I was so happy seeing as how house sparrows are very rare now. If anyone see's spring can you tell it to hurry up in arriving as I'm fed up with Winter and I want it to bugger off now!! :(
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    So hubby goes to put the rubbish out so I tell him to fill the bird feeder and hang some fat balls out,comes in with the bottom of his joggers wet through (men) putting dry ones on down come his under crackers no bluetits here just blue xxxxx ladies I leave the rest to your imagination ! Mig
  • fibrogal1
    fibrogal1 Member Posts: 11
    Plenty of blue tits here in Liverpool or is that Shiverpool.I was born in 1955 and Mum said it was snowing while she was in hospital 29th March!When she went home I too was out in my pram grabbing some rays and the summer was lovely.we arther sufferers really get it in this weather so all keep warm,come on lets all hutch up and have a group cuddle!Maz x
  • newbygran
    newbygran Member Posts: 96
    :shock: Ooooh, it must be freezing everywhere, even the crackers are frozen :( ,no birds at the bus stop today; still thawing out their blue bits, :lol: I asked my O H if he had seen the woodpecker lately,must have thought I said something else :(bit deaf) don't be rude was his reply :roll: I shall go and bake a cake or two and leave one at the cafe for you all :D and yes we do have a woodpecker who comes in the communal gardens on the trees :)
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    The crows have been in their nests for about 4-5 weeks now, noisy things! The sparrows have moved back in to the arch about the same time and a pair of blackbirds were chucking leaves around this morning. The waterfowl have been feeding locally for 3-4 weeks and will be off north soon. The pigeons are doing pigeiony things, there's only one thought on their minds! I have seen a wren around the front garden, probably finding a space before the robin moves back, he's the one in charge round here. There are some all brown birds (fares/buntings?) which I haven't got a name for yet, they want to move in on the sparrows. I'm sure there is a woodpecker around although I haven't seen it yet. Next door has two new cats so things may change?
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    It snowed non stop, all day here yesterday!! Today we have a bit of sunshine :D but still a biting cold wind :roll:
    We get a bouquet (or is that just when they're in flight?) of pheasants, in our garden, there are five or six females and two males. They are beautiful, but boy, do they eat a lot :shock: They're costing me a fortune! The cat just ignores them, maybe they're too big for him, because he's a really keen hunter. Even the fact my Westie chases them at any opportunity, doesn't stop them coming back for more!