Finally DLA update

Options
KayMick
KayMick Member Posts: 27
edited 29. Mar 2013, 21:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all.....just update on my DLA application. I cannot believe it but I got it!!!!!! Letter came today!!!!!! High rate mobility & middle rate care:) cannot tell you what a huge difference this will make to us!!!! My husband can now apply for carers allowance. Such a huge relief & to say I'm shocked is an understatement!!!!! 18 weeks since i first applied & nearly 4 weeks since my horrific atos medical!!! For the first time in such a long time it's good news:)
Kay xxx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    kay I am so very pleased for you... :D you can now sit back and relax a little....this will give others hope...brilliant :D:D xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • KayMick
    Options
    Thanks Barbara :) am still in shock....don't think I'll believe it until the money is in the bank!!! With Art having to look after me & the kids & not being able to work the bills have been mounting :( .the car was parked up as we couldn't afford to tax it!! Now with the backdated payment we can try get back on our feet....& a wee trip for him to the post office tomorrow as I can now get free tax for the car :D such a relief!!! Hope everyone else who was in the same position as me gets a similar outcome!!
    Kay x
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    Options
    hi Kay , well done getting the DLA , they should back date it 18 weeks

btw your husband will have no problems with the carers allowance
  • blueknees
    blueknees Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Well done I was confident you would get it but you had to wait.

Nice one :D
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Congratulations. I'm so glad you were awarded MRC and HRM. You qualify for a new car on the mobility scheme if you think it is worth it otherwise use the mobility money to keep your present car running :)

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • KayMick
    Options
    Thanks all:) still in shock tbh lol keep checking letter in case they've made a mistake!!!! Hubby has applied for carers allowance so we'll see what happens with that:) x