off for another mri scan

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 9. May 2013, 11:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
well folks where do i start. I have had what i call my spass hand ( sorry thats its name). For over a year in fact in might be two i have been getting terrible pains in one hand to the point of taking my breath away.. last for a few mins then eases off. It is a really bad muscle spasm on the little finger side of my hand and wrist. I have had two test for carpel which have said no that is clear. I have difficulties lifting my arms at times without pain but the pain is in my muscles at the top of my arms. Been to the doctor he said he wanted to bring forward my appointment for my oncol... which i said no i will wait. Had my MOT with oncol and he said he cannot see/feel anything but is sending me for an mri of my head to check what they can see. (They wont find a brain that went years ago :lol::lol: )
The thing that annoys me with all of this is NOONE seems to know what is causing it....i have constant pins and needles in that side of my hand.. some days worse than others. Frustrated feel like due to cost the doctor is getting the oncol to do tests to save the surgery money...clever really but a pain. I am more fearful that they will not be able to say what is causing this and wonder if anyone else has has this problem and if they have what is it?
Sorry for waffling on had one of those weeks.. months but be more correct. Got syntactic playing up in right leg all the way from my **** to my ankle, right shoulder killing me and elbow (tennis elbow i think and i dont even play the stupid game) :x :x and neck ache. Dont forget the spass hand. Shoot me now. :(:(

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh lupin you don't want shooting ..you just need to get all this out and were better to do it..at least we can understand some of your blinking pain
    Have you had any injections in your hand...they have worked a treat for me, just wearing off after 5- 6 months and you could ask for one for tennis elbow... I do wish I could help more....but you know we are always here.......((((((()))))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Lupin, Doctors seem to take their pretty sweet time! There like plumbers or electricians take their time giving you an answer! My OH always says to me if I was a horse they would have shot me by now! :lol: So I think all you can do is take a deep breath and wait for the doctor's brain to engage and give you an answer!
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Have you had your neck looked at? It might be coming from there - a trapped nerve for some reason? Might be worth suggesting it to dr if you haven't had that bit looked at.
  • lupin15
    Options
    I have had a mri scan on my neck before which did show up i think it was two dics swollen/pushed out a little. Neck plays up most of the time all depends on what i have done sometimes or when i am stupid :roll: and do stuff like painting ceiling etc. Well it has to be done not made of money.. :):) Sometimes it takes nothing and i just wake up like it.. Just falling to pieces...slowly.. :(:( . I do understand that my body is ageing quickly due to meds and have been told that once you have this issue it continues. I keep as active as possible because i know if i dont that will be it... i will just seize up. Must admit this weather is giving me grief.. all my joints are aching sometimes wonder if someone has Pinched my fit body when my back was turned :lol::lol::lol: . Just will have to bit the bullet and wait and see what comes back. Roll on the warmer weather i am sure all of us will be feeling better then.
  • frogmella
    Options
    I only suggested the neck because I have lumbar spine issues and they cause pain/muscle spasm as far as the feet. It might be worth mentioning/asking your doctors what they think about the connection. Sorry you are having such a bad time.
  • lupin15
    Options
    appointment has turned up but will have to cancel as i will be away,,,very quick it is on the 11th april.. It looks like a whole spine one i am having which is good because they will be able to see what is causing it HOORAY.. Trying to think positive about this folks. :) To be honest i am sure it is my neck that is causing all this pain, pins and needles in my hands and on and off in my feet and legs....and one of my arms have joined in.... soon know what is going on.
  • frogmella
    Options
    That is good, I agree that it does sound like your neck causing the problems. Hopefully there will be a way to fix it. They do tend to be quite quick arranging MRIs these days. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
  • lupin15
    Options
    Hi Folks.. I have had two MRI scans done..my last one yesterday. I was somewhat confused as i had one done on my neck first and then got another appointment through afterwards to have my shoulder areas done as well. Interesting being trapped not only my neck but my chest and arms.. As people that have had an MRI scam knows as soon as you go in the tunnel you need to itch some part of your body normally your face. So i spend the 30 mins trying to distract myself... :lol::lol:

The laugh is i has a fall, banged my arm and since then my hand has stopped hurting and going into its moments. I wonder if i had a trapped nerve in my neck which was causing this. Still have the numb feeling and pins and needles but that i can put up with. Now my feet have been playing up.. :lol::lol: Cant win....
    Just need to wait and see what comes back.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Fingers crossed that the results give you the answers. I'm not a medical professional but it sounds likes there is a chance that it is nerve related. Hope you're not too sore from the fall!