New Knee Temperature

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 25. Mar 2013, 16:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

My new knee is now 5 months old and one thing I have noticed is that with this new joint I feel it so much more if its cold than I did before when I had osteochondritis dissecans. I didn't think it would be the case? Is this routine or have others noticed funny changes like this?

Elainexx

Comments

• babytiger
    babytiger Member Posts: 360
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Elaine mine seems to feel the cold and can get quite stiff and sore,especially with the weather we are having the now
    Eileen
  • blueknees
    blueknees Member Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm 9 months post op and wearing shorts 'cos trousers are so uncomfortable with the new (ish) knee.

My legs are quite warm even when out in the snow.

Having said that I am using a pain relief cream prescribed by the pain clinic and its based on red hot chilli peppers - it must be working I suppose :D
  • chookgate
    chookgate Member Posts: 146
    Options
    I have one knee 7 months post tkr surgery and the other 4 months, and I still put ice packs on them because they hurt less when they cold ...

I cycle to work, and believe me the knees (and indeed the whole legs) have been freezing lately. No issues at all with pain due to the cold.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Eileen

My old knee didnt react like this so badly to the weather, it seems as I have more metal in me I lose more body heat..Weird?

Elainex
    babytiger wrote:
    Elaine mine seems to feel the cold and can get quite stiff and sore,especially with the weather we are having the now
    Eileen
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Blueknees

Chilli ointment eh, my dad used to use chilli paste when he played football as a lad as the changing rooms were just a shed miles away from the pitch!...Mine are freezing and scar foes blue in cold!

I can wear trousers no problem, wouldn't fancy wearing tights..

Elainexx
    blueknees wrote:
    I'm 9 months post op and wearing shorts 'cos trousers are so uncomfortable with the new (ish) knee.

My legs are quite warm even when out in the snow.

Having said that I am using a pain relief cream prescribed by the pain clinic and its based on red hot chilli peppers - it must be working I suppose :D
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Chook

I use ice too and that works indoors...But outside they get colder and stiffer...Grrr!

Elainexx
    chookgate wrote:
    I have one knee 7 months post tkr surgery and the other 4 months, and I still put ice packs on them because they hurt less when they cold ...

I cycle to work, and believe me the knees (and indeed the whole legs) have been freezing lately. No issues at all with pain due to the cold.
  • blueknees
    blueknees Member Posts: 90
    Options
    chookgate wrote:

You cycle to work - I am impressed :)
  • chookgate
    chookgate Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Don't be impressed, it's less than 2 miles and it's quicker than trying to find a parking space! I started when my knees started playing up because it's a shorter walk from the bike racks than from car park. :D