Speed bumps on the road

Options
As5567
As5567 Member Posts: 665
edited 24. Mar 2013, 06:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Ok so abit of a random question, how do you drive over speed bumps to avoid pain! They have recently resurfaced most of the roads in my area which was well over due, they used to have 2 square type speed bumps every now and again on the road. These USED to be made from some sort of rubber/soft material and rarely would cause me much pain. Now they have decided to install 2x concrete humps every 100 yards or so and omg do they cause me pain. Almost every hump will hurt my back or even worse cause it to go into spazm which is not the best position to be in while driving.

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    It's not easy with those speed bumps I try to make sure I get my wheels as close to the edges of the bumps and go slowly over them this seems to help and my car doesn't wobble over the bumps if that makes sense!!
    Maria
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi As5567
    This is one of my pet hates..I dont drive now so its all sown to hubby...he drives really slowly over them....doesn't go down well with the ones behind us... :o
    I always wonder how the ambulances go on..I know they have different suspension but can you imagine when they have to rush someone to hospital.. :roll: :shock:
    Love
    Barbara